I couldn't make it to AZ to trade my guitar, so

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
my brother, randy and ryan (musician friends) went. My mother got sick so I ended up staying with her the entire weekend and driving home on Monday. I gave them both Gibsons, gretsch, rickenbacker all right-handed guitars, and my right-handed fender am/jazz bass. They said I'm going to be extremely happy, but I won't know what they have until tonight. As you can tell I trust these guys, right.
_______
The guy's a family friend and goes to all the NAMM
shows, deals and collects. These vendors have started bringing
lefties even though they're not big order items so.
Here's the important stuff that I got that I really liked. I
--rickenbacker even trade, right - for left handed same color
--fender for fender trade (his was cheaper than mine's)
right to left .
--2 Gibsons and the gretsch, I got gold, at least for me.
. modulus, vj, customized lefty bass, 4-strings,
used-finish is scratched and will need to be redone,
has all the extra controls, passive vol/mid tone controls,
preamp controls, plurplish color everything works.
. modulus, quantum, customized lefty bass, 4-strings,
has all the extra controls, color walnut, everything works.
.another gibson sg, lefty, tony iommi, I'm in heaven.
.lakland, spector, customized lefty bass, both used,
spector has scratches, minor touchup, lakland has
girl's name in ink, will need to be refinished 5/4 strings.
-- cases/bags to everything, plus an upright bass and amps,
like I need another guitar amp, a little marshall combo
bluebreaker and some two piece vox piggyback.

The most important thing I got last night was that my brother is back from Iraq. He was sitting on the floor (still haven't gotten living room furniture) with my parents (serves my mother right, she faked being sick to surprise me) that's why I haven't been around all day and no I haven't really played
anything yet. A lot of emotion.
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Nice suprise I hope. I wonder what they found.

I'm thinking 1965 Ferrari 250 GT spyder. :D

Damn, I want a Gretsch.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Wow,

That is exciting to think about the possibilities...

What are you hoping for? Anything in particular?

I sold my previous tele body and neck last night, so I have some guts waiting to be reinstalled.

I can't wait to get the thing put together... lay into some Stones riffs...
    There's No Code.
  • Originally posted by puremagic
    my brother, randy and ryan (musician friends) went. My mother got sick so I ended up staying with her the entire weekend and driving home on Monday. I gave them both Gibsons, gretsch, rickenbacker all right-handed guitars, and my right-handed fender am/jazz bass. They said I'm going to be extremely happy, but I won't know what they have until tonight. As you can tell I trust these guys, right.

Gretsch? what kind?:eek: I was just looking for one for a new band I might join. I need a "doink doink" sound.
    The Rickenbacher?:eek:

Oh well. Much happiness to you with whatever they get for you! Are you going back to lefty?
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    The Rickenbacher?:eek:

Oh well. Much happiness to you with whatever they get for you! Are you going back to lefty?

A white falcon man.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    A white falcon man.

:eek: again!
    No bigsby?
    One of the ones I was looking for.

*holds head downward, repeatedly bonking his forehead with the palm of his hand*

They're hard to find right now! I actually checked some new ones. I think a few year old ones are better. I think youthinkyoureold has one. And I have the keys to his house!
    Be kind, man
    No bigsby?
    One of the ones I was looking for.

*holds head downward, repeatedly bonking his forehead with the palm of his hand*

They're hard to find right now! I actually checked some new ones. I think a few year old ones are better. I think youthinkyoureold has one. And I have the keys to his house!

no kidding. They are really hard to find. I'm unsure whether she had one with a bigsby or not.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i want one of these. someone trade something for this.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3711888031&category=33040
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i want one of these. someone trade something for this.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3711888031&category=33040

Your going to be kind of pissed at me.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Your going to be kind of pissed at me.

no i won't. i have all i need. i just like eye candy.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    no i won't. i have all i need. i just like eye candy.

Then I hope you like my candy, see my update.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    _______
    The guy's a family friend and goes to all the NAMM
    shows, deals and collects. These vendors have started bringing
    lefties even though they're not big order items so.
    Here's the important stuff that I got that I really liked. I
    --rickenbacker even trade, right - for left handed same color
    --fender for fender trade (his was cheaper than mine's)
    right to left .
    --2 Gibsons and the gretsch, I got gold, at least for me.
    . modulus, vj, customized lefty bass, 4-strings,
    has all the extra controls, passive vol/mid tone controls,
    preamp controls, plurplish color everything works.
    . modulus, quantum, customized lefty bass, 4-strings,
    has all the extra controls, color walnut, everything works.
    .another gibson sg, lefty, tony iommi, I'm in heaven.
    .lakland, spector, customized lefty bass, both used,
    spector has scratches, minor touchup, lakland has
    girl's name in ink, will need to be refinished 5/4 strings.
    -- cases/bags to everything, plus an upright bass and amps,
    like I need another guitar amp, a little marshall combo
    bluebreaker and some two piece vox piggyback.

The most important thing I got last night was that my brother is back from Iraq. He was sitting on the floor (still haven't gotten living room furniture) with my parents (serves my mother right, she faked being sick to surprise me) that's why I haven't been around all day and no I haven't really played
    anything yet. A lot of emotion.

OK all of that is fantastic. I'd comment on the gear but your brother being home is much better even than that. That's fantastic.

Modulus-awesome.

Toni Iommi SG- just your style and incredible. I like Lakeland more than spector I think they both have bartolinis

an upright holy crap.

First off the Vox is probably a solid state superbeetle I'd think which the Beatles used. Or it's an AC 30 head and cab.

The Bluesbreaker combo is phenominal. A combo JTM 45. Eric Clapton style. You got a great great trade.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    OK all of that is fantastic. I'd comment on the gear but your brother being home is much better even than that. That's fantastic.

Modulus-awesome.

Toni Iommi SG- just your style and incredible. I like Lakeland more than spector I think they both have bartolinis

an upright holy crap.

First off the Vox is probably a solid state superbeetle I'd think which the Beatles used. Or it's an AC 30 head and cab.

The Bluesbreaker combo is phenominal. A combo JTM 45. Eric Clapton style. You got a great great trade.

Thanks, having him home, PERMANENTLY, is just great. He made it thorough with no lasting phyisical injuries, I guess only time will tell if there are any mental scars. I'm just glad he's back.

modulus ='s Jeff Ament. I'll have to look at the amps and tell you tomorrow. The Vox piggyback is a two-piece. head/cab all tube, beige/ash. Now that I have a guitar I can actually play without getting frustrated, I'll pay more attention to the equipment it needs.

Once the excitement of my brother calms down, I settle into trying everything out.
  • Out of all that,

The thing that makes me happy about your trades, is that your brother is home safe.

Nothing else matters.

Well

(ahem, they didn't happen to bring the Gretsch back, did they?)

Oh, never mind:)

Puremagic,
    congratulations on having your brother back home, enjoy your family!
    Be kind, man

what a great surprise your mom pulled on you, so happy to read your brother is back home, safe and sound puremagic!

:)

I don't know anything about your guitars or anything, but that's really not important, but I am glad you got cool stuff, or so everyone says!
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    That all sounded pretty damn cool to me...

I'm jealous, I would love to have a Bluesbreaker right now. My buddy just picked up a generic speaker cab with 2 Mojotone 12" speakers in it, and I plugged my Sovtek into that to test it out... it's essentially the same deal as a Bluesbreaker. I didn't want to give the cab back to him afterward! Now I kinda want to find a Marshall 2x12" cab with Greenbacks or something, make a little stack with my 4x10".

Glad to hear your brother is safe and well, back with his family... my cousin is over there right now, and while I'm not particularly religious, I'm praying for her.

Let us know how everything sounds, when you get enough time to plug something in!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    So the gear trade goes way over my head - if you would have said you got some M&M's for a Mars, I could have an opinion, but not here - and I'm starting to realise you must be one hell of a musician... Anyplace where we can hear you (mp3)?

So since that is way out of my league I'd like to ad my joy about the fact that your brother is back and well. That is just wicked!
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    That all sounded pretty damn cool to me...

I'm jealous, I would love to have a Bluesbreaker right now. My buddy just picked up a generic speaker cab with 2 Mojotone 12" speakers in it, and I plugged my Sovtek into that to test it out... it's essentially the same deal as a Bluesbreaker. I didn't want to give the cab back to him afterward! Now I kinda want to find a Marshall 2x12" cab with Greenbacks or something, make a little stack with my 4x10".

Glad to hear your brother is safe and well, back with his family... my cousin is over there right now, and while I'm not particularly religious, I'm praying for her.

Let us know how everything sounds, when you get enough time to plug something in!

My thoughts exactly, did you see the part about the piggy back vox? What do you think of that? Imagine running the vox for clean and the Bluesbreaker for dirty, my my. hey hey. I think her next amp is a Laney to go with the Iommi SG.