Single Video Theory Directed By Cameron Crowe???

Is this news to anyone else?  I guess Mark Pellington didn't direct SVT?  I wonder who creates these promo e-mails?  They make some pretty bad errors sometimes.

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Pretty sire it was Mark. My wife knew Mark through her job and became decent friends. When we first met and she found out I was into PJ she tells me she worked with the guy who did the Jeremy video and some other documentary on the band. I asked was it SVT, and she says "yeah thats it!" I never met him, but she said he was a really cool guy, they're casual friends and message every time we're at a show. I keep hitting her up for some cool stuff he has to have, still waiting on that.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,191
    It was directed by Mark Pellington. Cameron Crowe & Kelly Curtis were the executive producers of SVT.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,094
    edited February 2023
    Looks like they changed the settings on their upscale software, from Given to Fly to DTE:

Looks like they're taken from two completely different sources.

Curious.

Any info on this @Santos L. Halper
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • StoveStove Posts: 320
    edited February 2023
    js87130 said:

Is this news to anyone else?  I guess Mark Pellington didn't direct SVT?  I wonder who creates these promo e-mails?  They make some pretty bad errors sometimes.
    I think I found this out around the same time I watched Almost Famous. It explains his involvement with PJ20 though. He's known them forever. I knew someone's daughter that worked on it and always wanted to pick their brain about being involved with it. This movie is perfect in every way. 
    Post edited by Stove on
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited February 2023
    Hmmm... I was not aware of this. Pretty interesting. 

Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,094
    edited February 2023
    So, could you not going for optimal image quality by using film elements in your "high definition video" effort, have to do with you reaching out to Cameron Crowe about it instead of Mark Pellington @Santos L. Halper ?

:)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"