Did anyone here go to any of the 2003 Japan shows?

I’ve been looking for someone who flew out and attended the 2003 Japan shows, specifically Sendai, but any will work, to either have as a guest on Live On 4 Legs or to write in a story for us to read on the podcast. Next week is the 20th anniversary of the tour dates and we wanted to dig into it and talk about it at full length, but it is so hard to find anyone who was there. We did have someone, but they opted not to speak to us. 

So if anyone has any leads to someone who may have lived this experience live, would love it if you had them contact me - liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com. Thanks so much.
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• I had heard that the crowds were reserved.  Id love to hear about the experience too.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I had heard that the crowds were reserved.  Id love to hear about the experience too.
    That’s Japanese culture to an extent. My cousin David has lived in Osaka for 30 years and shared the same for shows he’s attended there. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    I was there.
  • mdgsolo said:
    I was there.
    Would you want to talk about it on the podcast?
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Does it count if I have all the official bootlegs ?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Sorry pal

• mcgruff10 said:
    Four (4) You Ares.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    Mike… you are welcome anytime on my podcast.  🤣
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

mcgruff10 said:
    Four (4) You Ares.
    Man that s rough.  Maybe that’s why the shows didn’t sell well. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,781
    My biggest regret is not going to Budokan.  I have family in Tokyo and it would have been so easy. I would love to hear the podcast when you put it together. 
    on2legs said:
    Mike… you are welcome anytime on my podcast.  🤣
    Oh yeah!! Let me know.  ;)
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    Creepyish^ who is that dude? (Elton?)
  • Bump. Recording this tonight 

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    edited March 2023
    No guest, but here’s how it turned out:

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,812
    I had heard that the crowds were reserved.  Id love to hear about the experience too.
    The polite clapping during the Yokohama show (played today on SiriusXM) was noticeable.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,813
    edited March 2023
    One of my biggest wishes is for PJ to return to Japan.  I think it would draw a very large traveling crowd and sell out multiple shows with ease.  Japan continues to increase in popularity as a tourist destination, at least in my circles.  And it should, Japan is F*****G amazing.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    One of my biggest wishes is for PJ to return to Japan.  I think it would draw a very large traveling crowd and sell out multiple shows with ease.  Japan continues to increase in popularity as a tourist destination, at least in my circles.  And it should, Japan is F*****G amazing.
    Pearl Jam fans in the 75% of the US they don’t tour anymore…

on2legs said:

That the band’s social team said was their first of four shows in the run, completely disregarding Sendai

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,393

Here’s the Sendai poster
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    Yeah crowds do sound subdued! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Here’s the Sendai poster
    Is this a band official release? The Elvis one has been the only one I’ve known to exist until yesterday. This one looks kind of like something they’d post around the venue for event promotion

edited March 2023

Here’s the Sendai poster
    Is this a band official release? The Elvis one has been the only one I’ve known to exist until yesterday. This one looks kind of like something they’d post around the venue for event promotion
    Yes, they are official venue posters. They also made handbills of the same design. I’m not sure if they have Sony Japan on them or not. I believe they do in the lower left. 
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on

Here’s the Sendai poster
    They’re real.  The images are stuff from Kevin Shuss’ personal collection. 

Rockaway Records just listed some of the venue posters posted above. They have Budokan for $75 and Osaka for $85. I believe these came from the collection of former PJ manager Kelly Curtis. They have several of each and  are pretty  rare. Ebay or 323-664-3232