Freaking Poster Tubes!

I went to our local UPS Store to get a tube for a fellow clubber, and the UPS Store here said they stopped carrying them. They have now progressed on these poster triangles. Which are more cost-effective to ship she said. When I inquired, the lady behind the counter told me that since UPS does not own them, they are simply a business that works with UPS and that UPS slapped them starting this year with a minimum $20 per tube shipping charge. This got me thinking. I don't think it's Ten Club's fault for shipping posters. It's not them but how the rest of the world is going. They probably have no control over this stuff! I am just happy they are still able to ship cool items! 🙏 

Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 

Comments

• There's a Facebook group called "So Many Poster Tubes!"

Look them up.

Those triangles seem to be for extra protection of the tube. People who ship the poster directly inside the triangle...yikes!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • or just don't ship with UPS. unless they're the cheapest. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I ordered a poster, I think it was from the temple of the dog website a few years back.   They mailed it it a cardboard sleeve kind of thing. It wasn't a toblerone or tube.  Just a flat piece of card board on both sides.   Anything could of bent it or destroyed the poster. I have no idea how it made it here in ok shape.. lol.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    Those triangles are great.  The tube stays nice and protected in them.  
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,198
    The white rectangle poster boxes Canada Post sells in store are great too.