Best place to find signed memorabilia?

bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 163
Hello, 

I'm looking for some signed memorabilia, especially guitars. I'd prefer to find one signed by the whole group but I'd also take just one signed by Eddie Vedder. 

I've been scouring eBay, pristine auction and Facebook marketplace. I've found a couple legit ones for like 6-15 thousand, but they're either not in my price range, they aren't the style or type I'm looking for, or they seem like they're not legitimate or authenticated. 

Any suggestions other than ebay and Facebook?

Comments

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Unless you trust the source you're buying from, I honestly wouldn't bother. You'll only look at it and wonder what if it is fake. 

If you want to be sure, charity auctions are a great place to start, most get listed here: https://community.pearljam.com/categories/acts. You will pay more but it goes to a good cause and you get peace of mind. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 163
    tino_11 said:
    Unless you trust the source you're buying from, I honestly wouldn't bother. You'll only look at it and wonder what if it is fake. 

If you want to be sure, charity auctions are a great place to start, most get listed here: https://community.pearljam.com/categories/acts. You will pay more but it goes to a good cause and you get peace of mind. 

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check out the charity auction page.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,953
    You can trust the official Pearl Jam charity auctions to have authentic items... but beware of other charity auctions.  They are notorious for auctioning fake items - most of the stuff gets donated by people looking for a tax deduction and they either have no clue or don't care it's fake. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    You can trust the official Pearl Jam charity auctions to have authentic items... but beware of other charity auctions.  They are notorious for auctioning fake items - most of the stuff gets donated by people looking for a tax deduction and they either have no clue or don't care it's fake. 
    Referring to the official pearl jam charity auctions, are you talking about the ones located under the vitology section of this forum? 

Thank you.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I would stick with Vitalogy auctions......sadly, other charity auction items may not be authentic.

Also, don't be fooled by sellers who offer certificates of authenticity.....anyone can print/sign one these days.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I would stick with Vitalogy auctions......sadly, other charity auction items may not be authentic.

Also, don't be fooled by sellers who offer certificates of authenticity.....anyone can print/sign one these days.

Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for the next upcoming auctions. 
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,804
    JOEJOEJOE said:

joe knows...avoid ebay and signed pick guards...charity auctions are the way to go 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,953
    on2legs said:
    Referring to the official pearl jam charity auctions, are you talking about the ones located under the vitology section of this forum? 

Thank you.
    Yes… and any other auctions that are promoted by Pearl Jam. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Thank you.
    Yes… and any other auctions that are promoted by Pearl Jam. 
    Thank you for the feedback.