Options

Pearl Jam Home & Away The Exhibition closing April 23rd. Closing party on Friday, April 14th

2»

Comments

• Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    With all the speculation / wishful thinking for tour dates I am surprised no one has mentioned possible appearance of the band..or some members.. at this closing :)  The newsletter does say "join us" :)

BTW 10C link for ticket discount. Just add regular tickets to cart after hitting this link and the discount will be applied in the cart.

https://store.mopop.org/34295?premove=Y&promo=PJTENCLUBMEMBER

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    euchrid said:
    With all the speculation / wishful thinking for tour dates I am surprised no one has mentioned possible appearance of the band..or some members.. at this closing :)  The newsletter does say "join us" :)

BTW 10C link for ticket discount. Just add regular tickets to cart after hitting this link and the discount will be applied in the cart.

https://store.mopop.org/34295?premove=Y&promo=PJTENCLUBMEMBER

I'm guessing Mike will be there. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    (Bring a fresh sharpie) I was lucky to meet Mike.  Handed him my black backpack to sign with his black marker. He looked like 'aaahhhhhhh'?

Then I pulled out the silver. Wham!

Have fun 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887
    demetrios said:
    These are really cool. I have the 2013 Lightning Bolt North America Leg 1 book. Lots of interesting info.

• Options
    MoPOP
     Now is your last chance to see over 700 Pearl Jam artifacts before they’re gone! After nearly five years, the Seattle exhibition Pearl Jam: Home and Away is leaving MoPOP on Sunday, April 23rd.

Join us for the exhibition closing party on Friday, April 14th at 7 pm PT at MoPOP to say farewell to the exhibit with fellow music connoisseurs and superfans. Come out and reminisce about your favorite Pearl Jam stories in front of the pieces that made it all happen. You don’t want to pass up this opportunity to experience the incredible collection in one place. MoPOP will also be showcasing a rare screening featuring footage from the second night of Pearl Jam’s Home Shows in Seattle, recorded at Safeco Field on August 10th, 2018. 

• Options

mopopseattle

FUN (ARTI)FACT: This Momma-Son cassette tape is the tape cemented Eddie Vedder’s place as a vocalist in Pearl Jam. On this tape, he added his vocals on top of the instrumental demos that Stone Gossard produced.

Come explore more Pearl Jam artifacts today! Pearl Jam: Home and Away is leaving #MoPOP on Sunday, April 23.

#PearlJamHomeandAway #ClosingExhibition #PearlJam #Grunge #SeattleWA

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 631
    Why did they plan this the same week as Easter? I really want to go, but this announcement/closure window of time was far too short. It hasn't been open for 5 years, especially if you consider Covid ate up 2 1/2- 3 years of that time, and Pearl Jam has only played Seattle once since it openned (technically just before). That would be the natural opportunity for most fans to go, when in town for a show.

Please, by popular demand, extend the exhibit! (At least until fall, or until after PJ plays Seattle again).
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Ooh, they have the big overhead thing from the lightning bolt shows, that’s neat. Looking forward to Friday.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Gonna swing by tomorrow to see it again, unfortunately I couldn’t pull a work trip to last all week but glad I can get in a day early.
  • Options
    MoPop Closing Party
    MoPOP Closing Party
    The time is near, don’t miss out on your last chance to see over 700 Pearl Jam artifacts before they go away! After nearly five years on display, the exhibit Pearl Jam: Home and Away is leaving Seattle’s Museum of Pop Culture, MoPOP, on Sunday, April 23rd.

Join us for the closing party, celebrating the exhibition on Friday, April 14th at 7 pm PT at MoPOP to say farewell to the exhibit with fellow superfans and music connoisseurs. You don’t want to pass up this opportunity to experience the incredible collection in one place. MoPOP will also showcase a rare screening featuring footage from the second night of Pearl Jam’s Home Shows in Seattle, recorded at Safeco Field on August 10th, 2018

Special Ten Club member tickets for the exhibit are valid for the Pearl Jam Closing Party. 

GET MOPOP TICKETS
  • Options
    This Friday. Tickets still on sale.

MoPOP will be showcasing a rare screening featuring footage from one of Pearl Jam’s Home Shows in Seattle, recorded at Safeco Field.

• Options
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Leaving ATL!

• Options
    ^ Have fun!

• Options

Home And Away Closing Party
    Ten Club invites you to the closing party of Pearl Jam Home and Away: The Exhibition. After being on display at MoPOP in Seattle for nearly five years, Pearl Jam: Home and Away is leaving MoPOP on Sunday, April 23. 

Come out and experience the final days of the exhibit with fellow Pearl Jam fans and see the artifacts that helped make it all happen. Plus, catch a rare screening of the second night of the Pearl Jam Home Shows. Full info on closing here. The exhibit closing party will begin on Friday, April 14th at 6:30 pm. Get your tickets before they’re gone!

We wish to extend a special thank you to MoPOP for allowing us to be a part of your mission, and celebrating Pearl Jam’s musical legacy here in Seattle and beyond. Learn more about MoPOP here.

• Options
    Tonight's the night!

mopopseattle

Final call, music lovers! Tomorrow is the closing party for our Pearl Jam exhibition. These 700 history-making artifacts won’t be seen by the public again anytime soon. Go. Once. Before this last exit is in the rearview mirror.

(Can't make it tomorrow? While we are devastated you'll miss out on the screening of the rarely seen 2nd Home Show in Sky Church, the food, the drinks, and celebration with fellow Pearl Jam super fans... we forgive you and are happy to report you can see the exhibition at MoPOP through April 23.)

• Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Anyone go to this? I missed it due to traveling back from Mexico. Any surprises?

PA
  • Options

• Options
    nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 63
    I really wanted to connect with those 3 friends who played the pogo with me. 
    If you see this message, please say hi!

and thank you for the fun you shared with me!
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)