Sea Hear Now 2023

EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,915
edited February 2023 in Other Music

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,915
    pre sale this Thursday.  
  • I'll be going for 4 bands and hopefully hear one I've never heard and like.
  • The Killers & The Foo Fighters is pretty amazing!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,475
    Weird how the Beach Boys are so far down the line-up, but without any of the Wilson Brothers, I guess they deserve it.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Does this belong on the Porch? 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,892
    I'm officially $700 lighter after buying 5 one day tickets to see the Foo Fighters... can't wait!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• a5pja5pj Posts: 3,873
    on2legs said:
    I'm officially $700 lighter after buying 5 one day tickets to see the Foo Fighters... can't wait!
    woah,
    I thinking about the one day for the Killers, Foo's are sold out
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,892

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639
    I just cancelled my reservation at the Hampton Inn Neptune if anyone needs a hotel. I decided not to go. 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Wow, maybe I shouldn't be surprised it sold out that fast, but I am! Was it the Foos/Killers combo? Just the Foos (since the Killers have been touring pretty extensively in last 18 months)? Or why did this sell out and did the Pearl Jam year ever totally sell out? I thought there were still tix for Day 2 that year until the end...
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639
    JH6056 said:
    Wow, maybe I shouldn't be surprised it sold out that fast, but I am! Was it the Foos/Killers combo? Just the Foos (since the Killers have been touring pretty extensively in last 18 months)? Or why did this sell out and did the Pearl Jam year ever totally sell out? I thought there were still tix for Day 2 that year until the end...
    I think for the Pearl Jam year you could only buy 2 day tickets. That year certainly felt sold out. I don't think they could have fit another person on that beach. We were packed in pretty tight for Pearl Jam - less so for Smashing Pumpkins. But they definitely didn't sell out this fast.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,565
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Weird how the Beach Boys are so far down the line-up, but without any of the Wilson Brothers, I guess they deserve it.

With Dennis and Carl gone and Brian wanting little or nothing to do with Love and Jardine, it's criminal that there is still a band called "The Beach Boys".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    GlowGirl said:
    JH6056 said:
    I think for the Pearl Jam year you could only buy 2 day tickets. That year certainly felt sold out. I don't think they could have fit another person on that beach. We were packed in pretty tight for Pearl Jam - less so for Smashing Pumpkins. But they definitely didn't sell out this fast.

That makes sense. Thanks GlowGirl!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,475
    brianlux said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

With Dennis and Carl gone and Brian wanting little or nothing to do with Love and Jardine, it's criminal that there is still a band called "The Beach Boys".
    you raise a good point, my wise elder!
  • Beach Boys last tour was like 6 years ago or so w Brian joining.

This sold out because Foo Fighters fans are rabid.  Very devoted following.  I'll be at a campground drinking since we missed out on tix.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,867
    DOS my bud got free tix for pj from someone while hanging around outside of show. There's a way. Ya know. Camping sounds funererer 2 me.
  • Loujoe said:
    DOS my bud got free tix for pj from someone while hanging around outside of show. There's a way. Ya know. Camping sounds funererer 2 me.
    Camping is cool.  We Uber in and back.  Hang out under the stars.  Fun stuff.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    JH6056 said:
    PJ was the 1st year back from Covid as well.  I think people were still wary.  That was my first big event after Covid.