Pearl Jam March Madness 2023

Pearl Jam March Madness 2023 has begun on the Red Mosquito forum.  Yes, it's February, but this thing can't be contained to just one month.

We are doing things a little differently this year - we will have  a series of survivor style elimination tournaments for each album to determine the top two songs from each (plus one for lost dogs and one for the misc tracks).  These 24 songs will join the last  8 March Madness winners in a final elimination tournament to determine the 2023 winner.

Sounds confusing?  It is!  But leave that to me. Just show up and vote, and may the best song win!

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=15

Comments

• Something else you have to register for...  Nope.
  • Elimination Round 1 for Ten and Vs has closed.  Master/Slave, Deep, Why Go, Dissident, Glorified G, and Leash have been eliminated.

Round 1 for VItalogy and No Code is up.  You do need a forum registration, but it's free, and Red Mosquito is just a 20 year old Pearl Jam chat forum - nothing advertised or sold, and some lovely people

• Round 1 eliminations

Vitalogy: Stupid Mop, Pry, To, Bugs
    No Code: I'm Open, Mankind, Lukin

Voting now open for Yield and Binaural round 1

• Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    edited February 2023
    Man these rounds go fast. Feel like it’s one day of voting and done. You should call it February Madness
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • The whole tournament will take about 50 days. Usually they run through April but I was determined to end in march this year!

Round 1 Yield eliminations: Red Dot, Hummus, Pilate, Wishlist (Push Me/Pull Me was not included and will added in next round)
    Round 1 Binaural eliminations: Soon Forget, Gods' Dice, Evacuation, Thin Air

Voting now open for Riot Act and S/T round 1

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    The whole tournament will take about 50 days. Usually they run through April but I was determined to end in march this year!

Round 1 Yield eliminations: Red Dot, Hummus, Pilate, Wishlist (Push Me/Pull Me was not included and will added in next round)
    Round 1 Binaural eliminations: Soon Forget, Gods' Dice, Evacuation, Thin Air

Voting now open for Riot Act and S/T round 1

JC, Gods' Dice???

• We did this on AET.  @MedozK did the albums.  It was fun.
  • Round 1 Riot Act Eliminations: Arc, Bushleaguer, Thumbing My Way, Ghost
    Round 1 S/T Eliminations: Wasted Reprise, Gone, Big Wave, Come Back

The Round 1s for Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are up through the weekends. Should be interesting. Two albums I adore

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Round 1 Riot Act Eliminations: Arc, Bushleaguer, Thumbing My Way, Ghost
    Round 1 S/T Eliminations: Wasted Reprise, Gone, Big Wave, Come Back

The Round 1s for Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are up through the weekends. Should be interesting. Two albums I adore

Thumbing my way????? Ghost?????? Big Wave??????
    Who are those voting people????? ;), is this a joke?