New Acoustic Suggestions?

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Last weekend i was really drunk and i dropped my acoustic and the neck is a bit busted. the sound is horrible now. anyways i need to get myself a new acoustic and i was hoping you guys would have some suggestions for me. i've only been playing for about 2 months. my old guitar was a fender squire. i know it's a cheapy but it did the trick for a noobie like myself. i'd like to get something nicer but not spend more than say $350. any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    go for a yamaha, not too expensive & great to learn on. good guitar for the $$$.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• For 350$ it is a crime not to buy a fender dreadnaught. You can get a DG 20 ce for right around that price. These fender electric acoustics are beautiful guitars with great sound. Paco can also testify to this, I think he has a DG 22 CE.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    thanks guys. i'm probably going to go check some out tomorrow. it's amazing, i haven't had my guitar for a couple days, i'm not very good at all, and i'm going through withdrawls.
  • when i got my first guitar, my buddy gave me this advice:

keep it put away when you're drunk.

too bad the very thing you just have to do when you are drunk is pick up your guitar. but, mine is a Fender DG-11E which ran me like 315 or so after i got a tuner, picks, strings, etc. at the local shop. it's not bad at all. plus you can plug it in. you can't really get much more than that for that money.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Taylor 110, without blinking an eye. Fenders DG's are good at that price and I played a nice Dean Exotica last night that was fine even had very nice grover tuners.

But the Taylor 110 definately.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pac...I was lookin for you to back me up on the Fender DG's there. Feel so....betrayed :)

Maybe it was exhausted that had the 22 CE
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/models/110.html

no I've got a DG 22CE they are great guitars. Very nice action good hardware, Fishman preamps. Mine has served me very well.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Originally posted by He_Who_Forgets
    when i got my first guitar, my buddy gave me this advice:

keep it put away when you're drunk.

too bad the very thing you just have to do when you are drunk is pick up your guitar. but, mine is a Fender DG-11E which ran me like 315 or so after i got a tuner, picks, strings, etc. at the local shop. it's not bad at all. plus you can plug it in. you can't really get much more than that for that money.

It's funny you should say that because i was told that at one time too. of course i didn't think too much of it, and look where it got me...
  • I bought a Taylor Big Baby for $279 at Guitar Center about 3 months ago. The most amazing $279 piece of gear I've every heard and it plays killer. Also, it's made in American. I imagine the 110 are evey nice but I believe they cost more.

Craig