Tax refunds: Who's getting what?

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
It seems like all my friends have it set on getting new gear with their refund checks. What kinds of sweet stuff are you guys planning on getting?
As for myself, instead of getting that brand new Taylor acoustic I'm taking the more responsible, and much less enjoyable route of paying off a credit card. :(
Eh...maybe next year.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I already bought a 62 RI.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • saving it for the Summer Tour of course :)

that and i still need to pay off my SG
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nothing for me. it's all going to pay off baby supplies and buy some investments.

we did, however, just get our prosperity cheques from the province (the government is rolling in money) so i bought a little behringer UB1202FX mixer for my studio and the rest pays for my fulltone choralflange on order.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I'm getting $100 back from the Federal, and I owe $200 to the State, so thats a big no on gear purchases with a refund.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I already bought an R4 Les Paul.

Getting married halfway through the year resulted in a big refund. This year I have it setup properly so I won't be giving the govt an interest free loan for the year.

That said, I am glad I got the LP. :D
    There's No Code.
  • I bought an E-Mu 1212m (hoping it's quality). I still need to do that whole filing taxes thing, though. Just need to figure out how.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    mca47 wrote:
    It seems like all my friends have it set on getting new gear with their refund checks. What kinds of sweet stuff are you guys planning on getting?
    As for myself, instead of getting that brand new Taylor acoustic I'm taking the more responsible, and much less enjoyable route of paying off a credit card. :(
    Eh...maybe next year.

Buy the Taylor!!! I bought a Taylor 314 CE Acoustic a few years ago and it's the best thing I've ever purchased!

What kind of Taylor are you looking at?
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • I love my Martin but I'm saving up for a Taylor 312CE
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • WHat type of martin do you own? And why the taylor?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • im thinking an Orange 2x12 when i hit up edmonton in april (taste of chaos tour) so we'll see, but three guys in a civic and a cabinet? i dunno you tell me if someones takin the bus

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    If anyone wants a Lovetone Meatball, I have an early one that I'd sell for $550 + shipping/insurance. :). The early ones have a slightly wider sweep and sound a bit fuller in the mids.
  • Just picked up a Taylor 710 in November and looking for a Tele in the upcoming months.
    Montreal '03
    Halifax '05