Kudos Billy! 
Marquee 91
Wetlands 91
CBGB 91
Roseland 91
and many, many more

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    That’s cool.  How do they stop people with a ticket from getting back in line after they buy one?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    on2legs said:
    That’s cool.  How do they stop people with a ticket from getting back in line after they buy one?

www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    Lol
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,947
    on2legs said:
    Maybe stamp the ticket with something or hole punch it. 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    I guess we will
    find out. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Punch a hole through your phone.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,157
    Man, I would just print more posters. Come one and all - it's a recession and the music industry is ablaze.
    Punch a hole through your phone.
    Oh yeah. Whoops
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    on2legs said:

...scan the bar code...??? 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Finally! Maybe PJ can also work with something like this, stamp it, scan it. 1 item of each product per ticket. 1 sticker, 1 button, 1 poster etc
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    CM189191 said:
    on2legs said:

Possibly. But wouldn’t that require Ticketmaster to provide the merch vendor access to their ticket database to confirm its a valid ticket? Just seems overly complicated for selling some merch. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Robbert said:
    Finally! Maybe PJ can also work with something like this, stamp it, scan it. 1 item of each product per ticket. 1 sticker, 1 button, 1 poster etc
    Honestly why would they need to. In 2022 they printed more and all the posters were generally obtainable if you wanted them. 
    drfox said:
    Robbert said:
    Honestly why would they need to. In 2022 they printed more and all the posters were generally obtainable if you wanted them. 
    Yeah good story. I mentioned it before. Was in Budapest last year, spoke with some local guys there in line dor the early merch. They were not attending the show, even worse they couldnt name 3 bandmembers. They were there to buy a lot of merch, resell it with a crazy ass profit.

Same year...Amsterdam.....same story.

If i were in charge i wpuld shake things up a bit, let people wake up
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,813
    Robbert said:
    They would never.  They embrace the merch craze and resale market.  It’s what allows them to make a living while touring 50% the amount of comparable acts. 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    Robbert said:
    Yeah good story. I mentioned it before. Was in Budapest last year, spoke with some local guys there in line dor the early merch. They were not attending the show, even worse they couldnt name 3 bandmembers. They were there to buy a lot of merch, resell it with a crazy ass profit.

Yeah that happens. My guess is the vast majority of flipping is done by fans attending the show. And some of them may not be able to name 3 band members either.

And I think we've seen when artists touring have unlimited posters available, generally few people want them. The scarcity is the engine that drives the crazy demand.
    The whole system is sick. Said it in another topic, i would embrase it if they skip the whole outside merch for 1 tour (just to see what would happen), only inside. Once inside you can only buy 1 of each item (stickers and buttons maybe 2). Month later sell it true the 10club, registered fans only.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Sarava said:
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    Robbert said:

Yeah that happens. My guess is the vast majority of flipping is done by fans attending the show. And some of them may not be able to name 3 band members either.

And I think we've seen when artists touring have unlimited posters available, generally few people want them. The scarcity is the engine that drives the crazy demand.
    I agree, was at both shows mentioned and all fans around me were genuine. Merch sold out but the posters were in the online store for ages. Just annoying to have to pay shipping and taxes when they do sell out at the show. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    Just like the band pretty much killed the secondary ticket market last tour (take note taylor swift and others. It can be done ya just have to want to), there are way watch over merch better than they currently do (if they want to)

Strings at least is trying something. Will
    it work? It could. I’ll find out in Atlantic City in two weeks
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    on2legs said:
    CM189191 said:
    on2legs said:

Possibly. But wouldn’t that require Ticketmaster to provide the merch vendor access to their ticket database to confirm its a valid ticket? Just seems overly complicated for selling some merch. 

I don't think so - bar codes are pretty universal.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    on2legs said:
    I never heard of this guy, but if he is going through this process for his merch sales, I assume he has a long line for stuff. If they are getting back in line while holding their merch from the first go-around, I think staff can refuse service if they wanted to, but if the buyer is dropping stuff somewhere else, then that is a lot of effort to make a minimal profit from flipping. 
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,111
    i freed myself of merch at shows a few years ago so forgive the ignorant question but if the merch tables were strictly inside, wouldn't that help?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Great idea.  Also helps if the merch lines open on time like they are supposed to. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    hihobibo said:
    on2legs said:
    I never heard of this guy, but if he is going through this process for his merch sales, I assume he has a long line for stuff. If they are getting back in line while holding their merch from the first go-around, I think staff can refuse service if they wanted to, but if the buyer is dropping stuff somewhere else, then that is a lot of effort to make a minimal profit from flipping. 
    Learn em

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jj6w0fjOKww&feature=shares
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    on2legs said:

I don't think physical tickets exist anymore, or they're pretty rare.  You'd probably be showing the ticket on your phone.
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Robbert said:
    They would never.  They embrace the merch craze and resale market.  It’s what allows them to make a living while touring 50% the amount of comparable acts. 
    50%?!
  • They could scan the tickets QR code and registred it as used.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:

I don't think physical tickets exist anymore, or they're pretty rare.  You'd probably be showing the ticket on your phone.
    I just saw the word ticket and what came to mind was a physical ticket. I don’t think of my apple wallet as a ticket. I GenX’ed it. 

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,198
    Punch a hole through your phone.
    Lol
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    He played In Hiding at his show last night.