I need new strings. Any suggestions?

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have a cheap fender dg-7 acoustic and i am need of some new strings. i busted my 1 string last night and would like to know what you guys use. the guitar itself sounds great, but i'd like a fuller sound. i know, i can't expect much with what i have but i know strings can often make a huge difference. i'd like to stay a light 12- too. what do you recommend?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MARTIN M140 light guage bronze strings. I love these strings, they sound so crisp.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    mca47 wrote:
    i have a cheap fender dg-7 acoustic and i am need of some new strings. i busted my 1 string last night and would like to know what you guys use. the guitar itself sounds great, but i'd like a fuller sound. i know, i can't expect much with what i have but i know strings can often make a huge difference. i'd like to stay a light 12- too. what do you recommend?

I use Elixer's and DR's. I've had some success with Blue Steels.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I recently tried the D'Addario EXP coated strings on an acoustic, and I'm sold. They will be my string of choice from now on (until I find something better).

A friend of mine got me a set of strings from Sun Studios in Memphis, and they were gorgeous-sounding strings... wish I could find out who made those.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I've been using the Martin SPs for years, either in 80/20 bronze or phosphor bronze depending on my wallet size.
  • I have elixer's on right now, which is what I have on most of the time. Best coated string in my opinion, and maybe overall best of anything that I've tried. As far as non coated goes Dean Markley 82/r's are really nice.