Options

Nicolas Cage used to throw horror movie nights w/ J. Ramone, K. Hammett, R. Zombie & E. Vedder

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,805

Nicolas Cage used to throw horror movie nights with Johnny Ramone, Kirk Hammett, Rob Zombie and Eddie Vedder

Cage certainly knows his FW Murnau from his George Romero when it comes to horror. In an interview with Metal Hammer in 2018, the actor revealed that not only did he regularly hold horror movie nights with his friend, the former Ramones guitarist Jonny Ramone, but that Rob Zombie, Metallica’s Kirk Hammett, Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder and Tom Waits were all part of a circle of “horror movie and music fans”.

“We were very close because we had interests in horror films,” Cage told Hammer of his friendship with Ramone. “Johnny was a huge horror fan and would come over to my house and look at the great old horror comic books and posters I had. I would go over to his house and he would play me a very extensive video collection of horror that he had collected over the years. Rob [Zombie] was a friend of Johnny’s and he brought Rob into my life, so he and I became friends. So we had this connection with horror and music.

“My friends were Tom Waits and Kirk Hammett from Metallica,” he continued. “So I brought them to the table and Johnny brought in Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam. We all became friends together, this circle of horror movie fans and music fans. That was a great time. It was a lot like the old French salons, where we were talking art, film and music.”

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    CG the Mexican
     is a friend of mine.
    We used to sit around
    the house watching
    Evil Dead.
    Talking about the way
    it used to be...
    We used to pull the
    stripers out of
    San Pablo Bay.
    Now the delta waters
    go down So. Cal
    and the stripers start
    to fade away.
    It's pudding time,
    It's pudding time.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,888
    Have never seen a Nic cage movie that I hated. Some were better than others and most were weird to completely jacked up(Mandy), but he consistently provides me with good movie experiences.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Have never seen a Nic cage movie that I hated. Some were better than others and most were weird to completely jacked up(Mandy), but he consistently provides me with good movie experiences.
    Did you ever see Ghost Rider? Horrible 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,888
    Did you ever see Ghost Rider? Horrible 
    Yes, it was. Still didn't hate it.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Never heard anything about an interest from Eddie in horror films. Prancing around the stage in his Marathon Man and Rocky t-shirts - WHY NEVER AN EVIL DEAD SHIRT ED? NO CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST REFERENCES IN YOUR BANTER?!

WHY HAS THERE NEVER BEEN ANY NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET INFLUENCE IN YOUR CONCERT POSTERS PEAR JAM?!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

WHY HAS THERE NEVER BEEN ANY NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET INFLUENCE IN YOUR CONCERT POSTERS PEAR JAM?!

Wow! Cool poster.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Wow! Cool poster.

Today's Axl ...