Options

The Quintessential Pearl Jam Album for Aliens

TM260883TM260883 San Diego, CA Posts: 2
If you were to blast a Pearl Jam album into space (sort of like NASA's Golden Record), what songs/album would you include?

If you're curious about my answer (and want to support an indie author starting out) perhaps you'll pick up a copy of my new essay collection, entitled Reading Ketchup. One of the essays is entitled The Quintessential Pearl Jam Album for Aliens. To make it more fun to write, I made it like a puzzle so that I could only include one track from each album and the track number had to match its original album track number. So like track one of the Quintessential PJ album had to be a track one from a studio album (Once, Go, Last Exit, Sometimes...), and I couldn't use an album twice. This way the essay is like a PJ setlist and includes some rarities and collaborative work (think Temple of the Dog and Neil Young).

The target audience for this essay are diehard PJ fans. So in the words of David Byrne, "this must be the place." Check it out!

Here's a link:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reading-ketchup-tim-miller/1142564159

In the spirit of PJ's activism, proceeds from the book will also support literacy efforts in the San Diego area.

Rock on!

Tim Miller
Tagged: