I find picks everywhere!!

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
A friend and I were talking today about music, guitar, etc. Anyways we get to talking about the random places we find picks.
I always find picks all over my apartment. Couch, wedged between chair cushions, behind tables...
The one place that I constantly find picks is in the clothes dryer. Pretty much every time I dry a load I'll find a pick in the lint trap and another in the cylindar. I constantly put picks in my pocket when I'm done playing and forget about 'em. I must have the cleanest picks in the world! :p
Does this happen to you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I was getting ready for work the other day....I put on my pants, reached in the pocket and pulled out a pick.

:p
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I keep a pick in my wallet.

Just in case.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Novawind wrote:
    I keep a pick in my wallet.

Just in case.

Me too :P

I find loads of picks at school, when no ones looking I get an acoustic, shake it violently and KER-CHING! Welcome to picktown...

I'm so cheap :D
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    I wish I found picks everywhere. I always buy picks and put them in my pocket but then they disapear never to be seen again. Its so annoying because I can never find a pick.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • So that's where all of my picks go. :p
  • I always find them on the floor in random spots, but that's not where I leave them :confused:
    I found one in bed the other day ;)
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    haha when i opened this i just saw one i must've been using as a bookmark lol
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    At any given time I have 10-15 picks in my pocket . . .
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    this one time, at band camp..........................
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • ahh jeez (bandcamp)

i've carried at least a couple picks in my right pocket everyday since i was about 12 years old (thats a long time now!!!) Pretty sure i had one in there on my wedding day, am certain there was one in there when my son was born, and if i have to empty my pockets when i reach the golden gates, well.....

i find 'em all over, but about two years ago in a concentrated effort to keep things organized, i dumped about 150 picks into a "Barrel of Monkeys" barrel.

:)
  • I find them everywhere, too! The dryer lint screen all the time!
    They're everywhere in my house, in my car, when I put my coffee can full of change into the counter at the bank I get a few back, on my dressers, in the couch.

So,,,

How come when I sit down with my guitar, I NEVER seem to have one close by? :D

Or have you ever picked up your guitar, played a half a song and thought,, "man this thing sounds weird", then find your pick tucked between the strings?
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    The one place that I constantly find picks is in the clothes dryer. Pretty much every time I dry a load I'll find a pick in the lint trap and another in the cylindar. I constantly put picks in my pocket when I'm done playing and forget about 'em. I must have the cleanest picks in the world! :p
    Does this happen to you?

my girl will just randomly say "oh there's pick."
    apparently i'm always a bit shocked and surprised to find them.

"oh there's my pick"
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    At any given time I have 10-15 picks in my pocket (I reach into my pocket for change and I come up with a handful of picks - makes the sales people laugh). I have a Gibson pick-holder on my key-chain, I have picks in a dish next to the front door (actually I have a pick dish in every room, and more picks than I'll ever need scattered throughout my music room), I have picks in my wallet where the spare key goes, I always find picks in my washer and dryer, and they are all over my truck - under the seat, on the floor, in the truck bed (luckily I have a covered tonneau for transporting my gear or the guy driving behind me would get pelted with picks), and they're even in the cigarette tray (luckily I don't smoke or my truck would have caught fire by now - celluloid picks burn crazy fast, glad I don't use them). It's funny how many picks I have laying around. And considering that I only use a certain kind of pick for electric, and certain kind of pick for acoustic, it's strange how many different kinds of picks I have lying around that I don't even use anymore. I generally give a handful of picks to every new guitar student, and I give them more if they start running low..
    I guess all I can say is welcome to the crowd - Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    If anyone would like to mail me a bunch of picks please feel free. I never have enough.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    BinGnarly wrote:
    If anyone would like to mail me a bunch of picks please feel free. I never have enough.

Do you already have the Fender 60th anneversary picks?

I got my picks everywhere, in my pocket, wallet.....
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    "celluloid picks burn crazy fast"

i like to melt the fat end of my picks then press them against a cd case creating a ridge on the end. this gives my fingers somthing to hold on to so they dont slip out as much. needless to say the first time i tried this with a celluloid pick i scared the $*** out of myself. wasn't expecting that. luckily i had a glass of water near by so no damage was done.

my cousin loaned me his 60's strat for a week, and he left his pick in it. since it didnt have one of my patented ridges i discarded it for one of mine. only to find out the pick was given to him by ray buchanan(his fav guitarist) back stage at some dive in arkansas after a show. i had to scour my whole house to find it and it still didnt show up for like 3 months. i guess thats why he hasnt loaned me the guitar again.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
    hmmmmm, I don't have any problems with those picks
  • does anyone use the dava series picks now they are cool picks :)
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Shit!
    I thought I got passed it.
    I found 2 Fender Mediums in the lint trap and another thin in the pocket of a pair of shorts.
    I hate thins, and I'm not sure how it got there! :D
    does anyone use the dava series picks now they are cool picks :)

No, you got a picture or link?
    I use Fender 60th anniversary and Dunlop Tortex