Finger Pain! :(

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
The last couple of days my left pointer finger has been killing me. It feels like there is something in it (glass, or a sliver). I can't touch anything with it let along my guitar.
I don't know where it came from or why it's hurting, it doesn't look like anything is in it.

Grrr!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i had a muscular infection in my foot 3 weeks ago, it was wierd i dont know hwo i got it, but it just KILLED, i couldn't walk, move my foot at all, nothing. I got some fairly hardcore medicinals from the MD and in about 5 days it was gone...he assured me it wasnt fungus or gout though :)

HM

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    You're not one of those indigo kids are you? They develop psychic powers in their fingertips.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Occasionally that happens to my finger tip...it's like the nerve is extra sensitive or something. Give it a rest for a day or so.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    All joking aside, you might wish to get it checked out. If it is a piece of glass or a splinter, and you can't get it out, it could become infected, and that could lead to bi trouble for you.
  • are you playing with any really old guitar strings?

sometimes a small wire splinter can unravel off of a string and it can get stuck in your finger.

it's not all that common (especially if your changing your strings on any sort of regular basis) ...

... but if you were using really old cruddy strings, there could be some places where it was starting to knot or frey ...

... i also agree with throwing down the $10 co-pay to see a physician.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?