Austin, Texas Event Feb 19th 2-5pm. Pearl Jam "Ten" Listening Experience

bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 132
For all the ATX PJ Fans. Mark your calendar if y'all are interested in a "Ten" album listening experience, along with Q&A, with Mix Engineer Tim Palmer. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

https://do512.com/events/2023/2/19/pearl-jam-ten-listening-experience-and-q-a-with-mix-engineer-tim-palmer-tickets

Comments

• Ugh! I am going to miss this by a month! Ugh! Looks like a cool event!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Damn, I’ll Be in big bend. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Cool!

Same Sky Productions invites you to a listening experience of Pearl Jam’s “Ten” with mixing engineer, Tim Palmer.

Pearl Jam’s “Ten” broke the band into mainstream success and is viewed as a cultural artifact of early 1990s grunge and the alternative music explosion. “Ten” is one of the top 50 best selling records of all time and the album was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2021.

On Sunday, February 19, 2023, Same Sky Productions invites you to attend a listening experience of this renowned album and participate in a Q&A with the record’s mixing engineer, Tim Palmer.

This three-hour event will begin by listening to the entire album in our acoustically treated live room on our studio monitors. After the listening portion, Tim Palmer will talk about his experience mixing the record, and answer your questions regarding this record or any of the records from his impressive catalog. There will then be a mixer with complementary beer and snacks, and tours of the studio for anyone who would like to learn more about the space.

NO PHOTO OR VIDEO WILL BE PERMITTED AT THE EVENT

About Tim Palmer:

Tim Palmer has produced and mixed albums for a huge selection of classic and alternative artists, from Robert Plant, David Bowie and Tears For Fears to Ozzy Osbourne, The Goo Goo Dolls and U2. With the recent success of the Psychedelic Furs album that Tim mixed, he has succeeded in having Top Ten albums in the UK for 5 Decades.

Tim Palmer mixed Ten for Pearl Jam, which is now in the top 50 best-selling albums of all time and the album was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2021.

In 2001, Tim was nominated for a Grammy for his mixing work on U2’s All That You Can’t Leave Behind. The album went on to win a Grammy for ‘Best Rock Album’. Tim also mixed the Grammy winning songs ’Stuck in a Moment’ and ‘Elevation’ from this album.

Now based in Austin, Tim has continued producing and mixing for the likes of Tears for Fears, Jason Mraz, Blue October, The Polyphonic Spree, H.I.M and The Psychedelic Furs. In 2014 Tim mixed the 3 times GRAMMY-nominated Billy Child’s album Map to the Treasure.

More recently, Tim has been working with Grammy ‘Producer of the Year’ Larry Klein, mixing projects for Kandace Springs, Lang Lang, Liz Wright, Luciana Souza and 2 multi guest Jazz albums to celebrate the works of Charlie Parker and Jaques Brel.

Last year Tim got the opportunity to mix the latest album for The Psychedelic Furs Made of Rain The critically acclaimed album ended up in many ‘Best of the Year’ polls and also gave the band it's second biggest UK chart success.

Tim is proud to play an active role in The Recording Academy/Grammys. He has been a board member in Texas since 2012 and has served 2 terms as a National Trustee. Tim also serves on the advisory board for the Austin non-profit 'Black Fret’. Like the opera, symphony, ballet or theatre, Black Fret believes local music is art and deserving of support. In 4 years Black Fret has surpassed $1.5 million in grants and performance payments to Austin musicians.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited January 2023
    I'm thinking about going to this, but damn if I haven't listened to ten 1,000,000+ times. I need a reason to justify spending $35 to listen to Ten again.  Anyone else from Austin thinking of going?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Also when I got the email from Do512 I shit my pants because it said Just Announce: Pearl Jam!
    Scio me nihil scire

• bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 132
    I'll be going. Also theres an Austin PJ group I stay in touch with through FB messenger and another 9 folks in that group already bought tickets as well. I'm intrigued to listen to it with a quality studio sound system with other fans. Plus beer and snacks at the end doesn't hurt. Don't have anything else going on that Sunday with the wifey planning on a yoga retreat in Hawaii around that time. So wth, might as well
    bmurray06 said:
    I'll be going. Also theres an Austin PJ group I stay in touch with through FB messenger and another 9 folks in that group already bought tickets as well. I'm intrigued to listen to it with a quality studio sound system with other fans. Plus beer and snacks at the end doesn't hurt. Don't have anything else going on that Sunday with the wifey planning on a yoga retreat in Hawaii around that time. So wth, might as well
    Well I'm sold.  I'll probably pick up a ticket sometime just for the camaraderie aspect. And for the studio tour.  I love seeing gear.
    Scio me nihil scire

• General Admission

$37.89incl. $2.89 Sales Tax
      Select quantity: General Admission price: $37.89
      Sales end on Feb 19, 2023
    Only 30 seats for this event. Act fast!
    Thanks for the video share Demetrius!
    bmurray06 said:
    Thanks for the video share Demetrius!

No problemo!
    Looks like there is just one ticket left to the event. 
    If there was only one, I just now bought it.  Looking forward to meeting some fellow Austinite fans!
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    If there was only one, I just now bought it.  Looking forward to meeting some fellow Austinite fans!

Sweet!

Next month.
    Woohoo. Will take some pictures at the event and post them here afterward
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I am going to this event. Excited to meet some Pearl Jam fans in ATX.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 30
    Long time lurker here!

I decided to pull the trigger and buy a ticket!

Hope to meet some fellow PJ fans! 

This is the next best thing to PJ actually coming to play a show in Austin lol
    bmurray06 said:
    Woohoo. Will take some pictures at the event and post them here afterward

Be careful. No photos or video recording allowed. 

Pearl Jam: "Ten" Listening Experience and Q&A with mix engineer Tim Palmer

Tomorrow
    2:00PM - 5:00PM

• YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    demetrios said:

"tentatively called '20'" - per Jeff.  That's the first time I've ever seen that that I can remember.  Not sure if that was just a joke or if that was a working title.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    demetrios said:

"tentatively called '20'" - per Jeff.  That's the first time I've ever seen that that I can remember.  Not sure if that was just a joke or if that was a working title.
    Well, they did *eventually* release an album called Twenty...

https://www.discogs.com/master/370052-Pearl-Jam-Twenty

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    https://www.instagram dot com/p/CxYdVecuWDB/

timpalmermixer

So good to see @pearljam last night and I was NOT expecting this very nice ‘shout out’ from @eddievedder Thanks guys!
    #mixingengineer #pearljamten #mixedbytimpalmer #mixing #mixingandmastering #moodycenter #shoutout #grateful #evenflow #ridgefarm #pearljam #eddievedder