Options

Some sweet Pearl Jam items being sold by Kelly Curtis over @ Rockaway Records

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,350
    There should be one more lot of laminates coming soon and then that’s supposedly it for this collection. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,857
    There should be one more lot of laminates coming soon and then that’s supposedly it for this collection. 

Cool. 
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2023
    https://www.rockaway.com/pearl-jam/mtv-moonman-award-34829

Original 1993 12" tall "Moonman" award for best "Metal/Hard Rock Video" for Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" presented to their longtime former manager Kelly Curtis. Beautiful vintage one of a kind award statue. Some of the paint on the "M" of "MTV" has flaked off. Two cracks on front and back of the base, by the planted foot, appears to be a manufacturing flaw because the figure is still very secure.

PRICE: $20,000.00
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The clear Backspacer is an interesting piece for sure. I wish they would document it as an official release on Discogs. And just for the sake of clarity, the above items aren’t from the Kelly Curtis collection. That collection is all done with no more to come and was a hell of a ride. The Moon Man was given away by Kelly to the consigner a long time ago and the rest is from a variety of sources. The stuff that comes through that place is amazing. 
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Options
    The clear Backspacer is an interesting piece for sure. I wish they would document it as an official release on Discogs. And just for the sake of clarity, the above items aren’t from the Kelly Curtis collection. That collection is all done with no more to come and was a hell of a ride. The Moon Man was given away by Kelly to the consigner a long time ago and the rest is from a variety of sources. The stuff that comes through that place is amazing. 
    Yeah just the one from Kelly. Is he done sell his backstage passes? 

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,462
    Who said that Rockaway is legit? I hope you're right because I just bought something
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Robbert said:Tru
    Dont know if its alreay been said and if they are the real deal, but on Ebay a lot off back stage passes from Kelly. 
    Anything from Rockaway is the real deal. 
    Tell me more. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Did you buy the Moonman?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    KV4053 said:
    Dont know if its alreay been said and if they are the real deal, but on Ebay a lot off back stage passes from Kelly. 
    Tell me more. 
    What do you want to know? They’re the foremost Beatles dealers in the world. That alone says enough about them. You can read the testimonials on their website and see where they get some stuff from.    They were a retail store for 40yrs and post COVID have transformed into an appointment only showroom. They cater to the collector of the rare and super rare. I don’t think there’s another place like it in the world and the  collections that they take in are mind blowing to collectors like me. Luckily I live in the Los Angeles area which has dozens of great record stores but I generally only shop at Rockaway because they’re simply the best quality and I’m fortunate enough to have a good relationship with them. If you need any band signed Beatles stuff, the original Abbey Road tape machines that the Beatles recorded on, or Alice Cooper’s stage costume with  hand formed metal  codpiece from 1972, give them a call. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    I'd be hard pressed to see that only 2 of these exist.  Cool as hell but not 6500 cool.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Signed guitar is sold. Too bad that clear vinyl wasn't $650.00. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Was Kelly Curtis the one who sold the Telecaster with Stones sig?
    Post edited by KV4053 on
  • Options
    KV4053 said:
    Tell me more. 
    What do you want to know? They’re the foremost Beatles dealers in the world. That alone says enough about them. You can read the testimonials on their website and see where they get some stuff from.    They were a retail store for 40yrs and post COVID have transformed into an appointment only showroom. They cater to the collector of the rare and super rare. I don’t think there’s another place like it in the world and the  collections that they take in are mind blowing to collectors like me. Luckily I live in the Los Angeles area which has dozens of great record stores but I generally only shop at Rockaway because they’re simply the best quality and I’m fortunate enough to have a good relationship with them. If you need any band signed Beatles stuff, the original Abbey Road tape machines that the Beatles recorded on, or Alice Cooper’s stage costume with  hand formed metal  codpiece from 1972, give them a call. 
    Thank you.

Your post cost me some money. 😁
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    KV4053 said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    I didn’t my see that, but no. They took in a MASSIVE Stones  collection recently and they’ve been working their way through it for the last couple months. My guess is that it probably came from there. Another guy brought in a collection of signed guitars which included the Tele with the pick guard signed by Stone, an Audioslave band signed Squier strat, an AC/DC promo SG copy  signed by Malcom and Angus, and a few others. 
  • Options
    KV4053 said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    I didn’t my see that, but no. They took in a MASSIVE Stones  collection recently and they’ve been working their way through it for the last couple months. My guess is that it probably came from there. Another guy brought in a collection of signed guitars which included the Tele with the pick guard signed by Stone, an Audioslave band signed Squier strat, an AC/DC promo SG copy  signed by Malcom and Angus, and a few others. 
    That Tele may show up at my house for some reason 🤣
  • Options

• Options
    KV4053 said:

Very nice! The Tele isn’t worthy of being next to the others ! 
  • Options
    KV4053 said:

Sweet! B)
  • Options

Original 1993 12" tall "Moonman" award for best "Metal/Hard Rock Video" for Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" presented to their longtime former manager Kelly Curtis. Beautiful vintage one of a kind award statue. Some of the paint on the "M" of "MTV" has flaked off. Two cracks on front and back of the base, by the planted foot, appears to be a manufacturing flaw because the figure is still very secure.