Options

An Open Petition For an Epic Concert Experience

BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
We gotta figure out how to make this happen...

Bare with me now.

The Original Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, NC was completed in 1955.

From 1955 to 1958, it was the largest free standing domed arena in the world.

Elvis Presley play here in 1956 and 1977.

Hendrix played here 1969.

The Who in 1971.

The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin played here in 1972.

The Grateful Dead played here three times. '72, '79, '84

Rush in 1980.

Phish and Widespread Panic have both played multiple INCREDIBLE shows here.

Pearl Jam have NEVER played The Original Charlotte Coliseum.

It is a PHENOMENAL old venue with immaculate acoustics...  

It's the kind of place Ed and the rest of the band would absolutely LOVE.

SO... this is an open invitation.
A petition.
A request. 
A pleading. 

How do we get Pearl Jam to play The Original Charlotte Coliseum?

Cheers folks... 

The Rolling Stones July 6th, 1972 Charlotte, NC

I'm like a tab

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,155
    The first think I noticed is that isn't doesn't have an upper deck, so I google the capacity.   It say's 8600?  PJ doesn't really tour much anymore so they make it count.  This makes small venue shows that much more rare.   I mean they've never played the city I live in, and I think if you sell the floor, sell the tickets behind the state you can almost get to 7000.

Unfortunately I think the odds of playing half size arena are pretty slim :(  Sort of like how many of us would like to see them play Red Rocks, but that place only holds 10000 which is too small too :(
  • Options
    BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    Zod said:
    The first think I noticed is that isn't doesn't have an upper deck, so I google the capacity.   It say's 8600?  PJ doesn't really tour much anymore so they make it count.  This makes small venue shows that much more rare.   I mean they've never played the city I live in, and I think if you sell the floor, sell the tickets behind the state you can almost get to 7000.

Unfortunately I think the odds of playing half size arena are pretty slim :(  Sort of like how many of us would like to see them play Red Rocks, but that place only holds 10000 which is too small too :(
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... 
    Numbers and math... 

Blah, blah, blah...  

Plenty of other places are better or older or bigger or have more history... 

But Elvis... man. 

I'm like a tab
  • Options
    goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    Zod said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... 
    Numbers and math... 

Blah, blah, blah...  

Plenty of other places are better or older or bigger or have more history... 

But Elvis... man. 

But money…. Man.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,829