Options

Ripping bootlegs

Santa brought me some of the 10 Club bootleg CD's for the shows I attended on this last tour.  I am in the process of ripping them to MP3 format so I can move them over to my phone.  When I rip them using Windows Media Player I get the generic "Unknown Artist/Track X" for all the tracks.  Do I need to manually change all the names to the correct titles, or is there some easier way to do it?

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    MB58788 said:
    Santa brought me some of the 10 Club bootleg CD's for the shows I attended on this last tour.  I am in the process of ripping them to MP3 format so I can move them over to my phone.  When I rip them using Windows Media Player I get the generic "Unknown Artist/Track X" for all the tracks.  Do I need to manually change all the names to the correct titles, or is there some easier way to do it?
    I don’t know if there is any easier way, but when I imported the CDs I got to ITunes some had the artist and song automatically come up but for most of them I had to input them myself. I even imported the CD cover by taking a photo of it with my phone and then downloading the photo from the cloud to my computer and importing it to iTunes. There must be an easier way, but that is what I ended up doing. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    MB58788 said:

You gotta do it manually. I recommend using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip your CD. https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

• Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 740
    demetrios said:
    MB58788 said:

You gotta do it manually. I recommend using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip your CD. https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

This.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    MB58788 said:
    I don’t know if there is any easier way, but when I imported the CDs I got to ITunes some had the artist and song automatically come up but for most of them I had to input them myself. I even imported the CD cover by taking a photo of it with my phone and then downloading the photo from the cloud to my computer and importing it to iTunes. There must be an easier way, but that is what I ended up doing. 

The easiest way is CD orders should include a MP3 download. It doesn't have to be in 320kbps quality. 
  • Options
    For backup save the Flac's on your desktop then convert a set using dBpoweramp Music Converter via LAME V0 MP3.