Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    i'll check it out when i get home !
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    me too no speakers.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    me too no speakers.

me three
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Oh jolly, i'll be the first to try! Nice job! Especially like the wailing guitar in the bridge... very cool! What did you record it with?
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Btw. Those drums are a serious insult to mr. Jack!!

I like it nevertheless...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Originally posted by pariah
    Btw. Those drums are a serious insult to mr. Jack!!

I like it nevertheless...

I had to use pre-programmed drum beats. You try manually coding the original drums for that song ;)
    Originally posted by pariah
    Oh jolly, i'll be the first to try! Nice job! Especially like the wailing guitar in the bridge... very cool! What did you record it with?

I have an 8-track digital recorder
    I think I'll rip a version of this tonight w/o the drum track and make it a 100% guitar based version.

Further bulletins as events unfold.
  • yeah i admit it - i cheated and downloaded them all - In My Own Tree kicked!
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    holy freakin' range of guitar sounds :eek:

i downloaded them all so i'm just going through the playlist now.

what are you using to record the guitar parts?
  • thats quite sick, I like it. but yeh, haha, whoever said the drums are an insult to Jack...... not to worry, cant help it, the guitars sound bloody awesome, like it. Cool just the hearing the song as a guitar interlude/assault. Really cool.:)
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
    I am grinning from ear to ear! Thanks for all the positive notes!

Exhausted: My set up for recording right now is:

Ibanez S470BK --> Akai Shred-O-Matic (best distortion pedal I have ever played)--> Boss V-Wah --> Boss DS-1 --> Boss Super Chorus --> Inbanez SoundTank Flanger --> Boss Phase Shifter --> Boss DD5 --> Boss Equalizer Pedal --> Zoon MRS802 8-Track digital recorder

The MRS802 has a lot of built in effects and sounds, but I use them sparingly. Aside from reverb, the only MRS802 effect I used on In My Tree was the acoustic simulator for the middle section.

I still have yet to rip a drumless version of it...I will hopefully get to it tonight. I may fade in the middle drums and leave the rest out....not sure yet.

For those of you who downloaded the other stuff: what did you think? Mostly the stuff is me cramming multiple ideas into one 4-5 minute track. That's what I got the MRS802 for. I have so many ideas and I was sick of recording little crappy versions of them. These may not sound like a professional recording, but the ideas come across just fine.
    I turned the drums down yesterday and listened to IMT as a guitar-only song, and it doesn't work. The transitions are too choppy. I'll have to record it again. Oh well.