then just buy a pair next month
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    so i can sit back and laugh at all this w/ out any nerves

I'm with ya. I am going to try on Friday to get tix (I'm not a 10C member). If I don't get them I'm not going to be upset/angry/depressed.

There are 5 members of Pearl Jam. (Well 6 I guess)
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Danimal wrote:
    I'm with ya. I am going to try on Friday to get tix (I'm not a 10C member). If I don't get them I'm not going to be upset/angry/depressed.

There are 5 members of Pearl Jam. (Well 6 I guess)

lets not get me started on my true feelings about the solo gigs lol
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Wait. I'm confused. You don't want anything to do with the solo gigs, but you're going to one (or many)? How does that work?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Hahaha yeah...ask me the night of the show and I'll probably be hanging from some tree.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    Wait. I'm confused. You don't want anything to do with the solo gigs, but you're going to one (or many)? How does that work?

no i started the i got tickets thread as a goof

honestly i dont have much interest in the solo gigs

im sure ill go check out a show in nyc but im not trying to buy anything here

ill just get a pair next month if i decide to go
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    if i decide to go

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    :rolleyes:

honestly im on the fence,, its a monday and tuesday night
    like i said ,if their is a pair floating around ill get em but i wont go crazy trying
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    That is how I felt on the west coast also. I tried to get tickets, but I had little real interest.

Then I went to the shows and was blown away.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I thought the solo show I saw in LA was better than some (not all, but some) of the full-band PJ shows I've seen.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I have no interest and I won't buy tickets next month.

How's that?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    NY PJ1 wrote:

17000+ posts and this might be your most useless one. Why start a thread, do you think anyone cares?
  • Options
    I thought the solo show I saw in LA was better than some (not all, but some) of the full-band PJ shows I've seen.

Blasphemy.
    They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac
    Andre 3000 where is eryka badu at
    Who dat
    Who dat said dey gon beat lil wayne
    My name ain't Bic but I keep dat flame man

2008 CHICAGO CUBS MAGIC NUMBER = 62

BEAR DOWN!!!!!
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    NY PJ1 wrote:

just don't throw any shirts so u can enjoy the full show this time :)
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628

I've seen PJ enough that I'm thinking I'll feel the same after a solo show! Some need a band and amplification under any circumstance...for me a talented solo artist can beat anything. Especially Ed! :)
  • Options
    just don't throw any shirts so u can enjoy the full show this time :)

yea i learned my lesson on that one
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    17000+ posts and this might be your most useless one. Why start a thread, do you think anyone cares?

lol useless threads on this board?? hmnnnnnn
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol useless threads on this board?? hmnnnnnn
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=292961
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Kingmidget wrote:
    I've seen PJ enough that I'm thinking I'll feel the same after a solo show! Some need a band and amplification under any circumstance...for me a talented solo artist can beat anything. Especially Ed! :)

I've said it before: It was kind of reminded me of sitting around a campfire, passing around the guitar -- except Ed was there hogging the guitar. It was that intimate. And the show is chock full of different Ed stories, and jokes and asides that make it even more intimate.

The only drawback really, was that it was so intimate, dorks felt like they should scream out requests, like, the entire show (Sorry ... he's not gonna play 'Dissident'). But Ed even handled that kind of junk in good humor.

I guess my main point is that the music is only part of what is cool about these shows. The size of the venue and the intimacy of the moment are really what make them special.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:

i couldnt even attempt to read that when i saw it,,
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I didn't bother trying for the Jersey tics. I don't really want to go that bad. If I change my mind by the public onsale date I might try.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    I didn't bother trying for the Jersey tics. I don't really want to go that bad. If I change my mind by the public onsale date I might try.

they didnt go on sale yet?
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Kingmidget wrote:
    i am pulling for you kingmidget.....get em'
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    they didnt go on sale yet?

I don't think so..isn't it the 11th? I thought that's what it said on the email.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    I don't think so..isn't it the 11th? I thought that's what it said on the email.

tonight 6pm est is nj
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I don't care about the solo gigs either. A set of just Ed with a guitar, playing accoustic/protest/ITW/riot act songs. No thanks.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    tonight 6pm est is nj

On the sticky and email it said tics were going onsale through ticketmaster Friday, July 11th. Did that change?
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    On the sticky and email it said tics were going onsale through ticketmaster Friday, July 11th. Did that change?

oh i thought u meant 10c

ticketmaster,, i have no idea when they go on sale
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    oh i thought u meant 10c

ticketmaster,, i have no idea when they go on sale

yeah I meant TM but I didn't know they were staggering the 10club onsale times..so that is news to me..I thought they all went on sale 12...oh well if I change my mind by tonight I still may get tics..but Im not to excited about the solo tour. Nothing against Ed but Im more of a Pearl Jam fan :)
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    That is how I felt on the west coast also. I tried to get tickets, but I had little real interest.

Then I went to the shows and was blown away.

I completely agree. I wanted to go, but was totally going nuts over it. But after catching the first show in Santa Barbara, I was soooo glad I got tickets to both LA shows. Then I even ended up driving to San Diego after work (at 90 mph) to catch SD2, and it was worth it.

They're certainly not Pearl Jam shows, but they're still fantastic. It's just a different feel, Ed interacts with the audience a lot more, tells some interesting (and sometimes un-interesting, sorry Ed) stories, plays the hell out of the guitar (and the uke, and the mandolin) and occasionally gets a hell of a guest star.

Definitely worth checking out.
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    LukinTimer wrote:

Definitely worth checking out.

once