sweeeeeeeet pedal

BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
After having the website in my IE favorite places for like 4 years, I finally pulled the trigger on a Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive pedal. I found it on EBay for the first time, used, for about $60 less than retail. I am beyond psyched to get my hands on it and take it for a spin.

http://www.mindspring.com/~j.blackstone/
Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    hopefully it works out. i've never come across one.

4 years? that's as bad as paco and his strat. :)
  • BinFrog wrote:
    After having the website in my IE favorite places for like 4 years, I finally pulled the trigger on a Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive pedal. I found it on EBay for the first time, used, for about $60 less than retail. I am beyond psyched to get my hands on it and take it for a spin.

http://www.mindspring.com/~j.blackstone/
    those little green graphs are sexy.

notice how close the distortion spikes are to the fundamental.

uh, yeah.

sexy.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    careful Binfrog, the botique world is a dark scary and alluring place....

congrats on the great new pedal.

Ex....why you bringing up old s....:D?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    careful Binfrog, the botique world is a dark scary and alluring place....

congrats on the great new pedal.

Ex....why you bringing up old s....:D?

I'm normally a mainstream pedal guy, but this one caught my eye a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since.
    BinFrog wrote:
    I'm normally a mainstream pedal guy, but this one caught my eye a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since.

oh yeah I know, different strokes. I still have been meaning to try out that Vwah. But Boss keeps coming out with new cool stuff like that roto sim they just released.

The blackstone and all of the websites graphs are very cool even better to get it at that price. I like the screw controls becuase there's nothing to bump out of place and you can set it and not worry about how you stomp it. That and it sounds damn good too.

The Mosfet is well known in the boost community as they are perfect for that. Mosfet design in this case creates a very harmonic distortion. The blackstone mosfet is a true distortion, not an overdrive, in that it creates it's distorted sound on its own regardless of amplifier design or settings. Basically what Jon did in this sense is chain a bunch of soft clipping stages toegther (what we like to do with several pedals) and he used a mosfet design instead of diodes. It's really cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=128435

maybe as the thread grows it'll have some more information.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    oh yeah I know, different strokes. I still have been meaning to try out that Vwah.

The v-wah is an indispensible part of my setup.
  • Looks like an excellent design with the screw type pots.

how much are they going for?

I'm currently looking for a sweet overdrive / distotion box with both crunch + Boost. i was looking at the tone pump by Barber, but this looks good too.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
    Spook Fish wrote:
    Looks like an excellent design with the screw type pots.

I'm currently looking for a sweet overdrive / distotion box with both crunch + Boost. i was looking at the tone pump by Barber, but this looks good too.

The blackstone is a great one to check out because of the clean up when you turn down the knob.

The burn unit is Ill too.

oh, and http://www.diamondpedals.com check out the JDrive.

and of course the new fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet.
    Spook Fish wrote:
    Looks like an excellent design with the screw type pots.

New they are around $220, I got mine for around $170
    I got it in the mail yesterday. It is absolutely perfect. I mean dead on perfection. It's the tone I've been looking for over the past 10 years.
    BinFrog wrote:
    I got it in the mail yesterday. It is absolutely perfect. I mean dead on perfection. It's the tone I've been looking for over the past 10 years.

Fantastic. I hope you get the ear to ear grin every time you stomp on it.