To bad there wasn't more pop flair to "E-ticket" (Elton is cool)

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,096
edited December 2022 in The Porch
Watched the Dodger Stadium concert on Disney+ which made me listen a bit to Elton this past weeks, which I usually do not do. Mostly because of how tired I am of the hits (excluding the Lion King songs ofc, I do have a heart)

But it's hard to deny the two remix singles from his COVID album, the remix with Dua Lipa and the one with Freed Britney.

Too bad E-ticket ride with Eddie is sort of bland in the great scheme of things. Should have brought Eddie in on the Tiny Dancer remix with Britney or something else cool. Surprise with some third collab element. 

Picture off Eddies album is amazing though. Yes it is.

An interview with Elton on the two Eddie collab songs could have been included in a 2023 issue of DEEP.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764
    I love E-Ticket. Especially the piano playijg
    I miss igotid88
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    E-Ticket Ride and Picture are both awful. They’re up there with Shattered as the worst songs Eddie has appeared on.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    E-Ticket Ride and Picture are both awful. They’re up there with Shattered as the worst songs Eddie has appeared on.
    The Shattered cover wasn't meant to be taken seriously 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    The Shattered cover wasn't meant to be taken seriously 
    I know, but that just shows how bad the 2 Elton John songs are. At least Shattered had some novelty value, these are just unlistenable.

(Tim Rogers)
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I actually really like the elton/eddie duet on Earthling.. I guess I'm in the minority.
  • Zod said:
    I actually really like the elton/eddie duet on Earthling.. I guess I'm in the minority.
    Me too!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Picture is a thumbs up for me. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Picture is straight up poppy dad rock. Terrible 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,246
    goldrush said:
    Agreed. By far two of the worst. I could barely make it through E-ticket one time. So bad. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206

demetrios said:

Sorry D, but for once you don’t have a gif to rescue these songs!

(Tim Rogers)
    Both are good songs that I had on repeat 
    I miss igotid88