awesome steal

BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just got an 8 year old, used but not abused Fender 4x12 cabinet for $75. Yee haw.
Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    dood. that'll be a grat project.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool, grey carpet covering?

you should rip all the speakers out, and replace them with good ones and wire it so that it can split side to side for stereo then it will be a budget tone monster. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. I'm gonna head to guitar center after work and see if they have any used head units.
  • put celestion 30s in it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • i wish i could find a sweeet cab for that cheap. Did you find it on ebay?

Throw in 2 Vintage 30's and 2 70th Anniversary Celestions.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Save some dough and put in a quartet of Eminence Gov'nor speakers. Vintage 30 tone at 75% of the cost.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    i wish i could find a sweeet cab for that cheap. Did you find it on ebay?

Throw in 2 Vintage 30's and 2 70th Anniversary Celestions.

I got it off someone at work who really just needed to get rid of it to save space in his condo.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Put 2 greenbacks in the bottom and 2 vintage 30's in the top
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see