ISO Jack White Empty Bottle Chicago

Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
edited December 2022 in Lost Dogs
Figured I'd try groveling here, apologies if this is an "other music" topic. 

If by any chance there is a Third Man Vault member not using their code for tomorrow's on-sale, I'd be eternally grateful.

Tried reactivating the membership but I'm guessing it's too late.

Edit: code obtained, thank you!
Post edited by Father Hubbard on

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Bump. Hope you're able to score some. Sounds like an incredible opportunity/show.
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 641
    Do you still need it? 
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    jjflash said:
    Bump. Hope you're able to score some. Sounds like an incredible opportunity/show.
    Thanks!  My buddy saw the White Stripes open for Sleater-Kinney there way back when, workin to get him/us in.
    AW124797 said:
    Do you still need it? 
    So far, yes, I will update if I am able to pick up a code.  Thanks for checkin!
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    edited December 2022
    I have a code you can have. PM me. 
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    I have a code that I won't be using if anyone needs it?? 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    BB162610 said:
    I have a code you can have. PM me. 
    Thanks again!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    That will be an experience! Enjoy it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 641
    I have a code too. DM if interested. 
    Thanks, fingers crossed!  It's like capacity of 400 so we'll see how many tix get released.  Worst case, Thursday at the Aragon should be a nice consolation.

Now to study the Eventbrite site its been a minute since I purchased through them...
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Thanks, fingers crossed!  It's like capacity of 400 so we'll see how many tix get released.  Worst case, Thursday at the Aragon should be a nice consolation.

Now to study the Eventbrite site its been a minute since I purchased through them...
    400 seems generous for the empty bottle
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    I was able to get em!  Thank you so much guys, was able to have 2 of us trying.  This is a wonderful place/community.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I was able to get em!  Thank you so much guys, was able to have 2 of us trying.  This is a wonderful place/community.
    AWESOME!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    AWESOME!!!!
    Congrats @Father Hubbard Factors to be a mountaintop experience. Share some reviews afterwards.
    I got home last night and started rambling.  Maybe some of this makes sense, maybe not.  Cannot thank you guys enough:

Unbelievable evening.  I don't feel worthy of witnessing what I just witnessed.  I don't know anything about playing instruments or the technical side of things, but I feel like just by being in that room I can pick up a guitar and just start wailing, through divine osmosis or something.

Doors were at 730.  I arrived at 7 and was about 75th in line.  The standard locking of phones in the yondr pouches upon entry.  A couple of small prints for sale (the cooler ones of the venue were gone quick), appeared to be the regular tour shirts.

Wound up about 4 or 5 people from the front, just left of center, which was no more than 10 feet from Jack.  Scheduled to go from 9 to 11, they entered through the door right next to the stage right at 9 and went until right around 11:15. Just 2+ hours of pure rock with a brief encore break. Face and ear drums melted.  Even with earplugs they are ringing now, but it sounded great.  Great energy, so fun watching him bounce around that tiny stage.  Looked like he hit his forehead on the mic at one point later on, and accidentally hit his guitar tech with the guitar neck another time. Watching him interact with the rest of the band as he signals what song he is about to go into next is great, especially in such close proximity.  Could clearly hear him singing when away from the mic.  Had a great view of his drummer for probably the first time, such a unique setup, he's like in the kit (again what do I know about actually playing music).  Opening to the show and to the encore just burned.  So many highlights I tried to just take it all in and try and remember every moment.  I believe it was Suzy Lee that blew my mind.  Carolina Drama is always a standout for me.  Ball and Biscuit ended it was clear that was the last song of the night, there was no topping that energy.  

At the end he said something along the lines of how magical of a place the Bottle is, and don't ever let it get torn down/taken away.  Sounded like the White Stripes had played there 7 times back in the day.

My buddy was turned onto the White Stripes when a member of Pavement mentioned that they were a new band he was listening to. After that tip he saw them open for Sleater Kinney at the Metro, then headlining at Empty Bottle a handful of times, I think overall he saw them 14 times over the years.  So it was really cool to see this show with him and get some of those stories.

Aside from a handful of Raconteurs festival sets over the years, this was my 6th time seeing Jack (Chicago Theatre 2014, Rave-Milwaukee/Metro/Aragon 2018, UIC 2022), and Ill be seeing him at the Aragon again tomorrow (later today technically I guess).  Tonight was just such a highlight of a lifetime of my 500+ shows over the years.  I should have a more profound end to this rant.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Awesome, man!!! Sounds like an absolutely awesome night!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    +1 Good stuff, Father H....thanks for sharing! :sunglasses:
    jjflash said:
    mfc2006 said:
    +1 Good stuff, Father H....thanks for sharing! :sunglasses:
    Much more coherent review here:
    https://glidemagazine.com/282995/jack-white-his-trusty-band-rock-chicagos-400-capacity-empty-bottle-show-review/

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The videos that have been posted sound AMAZING. 
    www.cluthelee.com