igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    I was wondering if Eddie would show up
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I hate when they upload it kids mode 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Sounds great!  Haven’t always been a huge fan of that song - but might be after that, lol.

Well done, EV!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Wow sounds great!  I'd love for them to cover that next tour. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    yeah, seeing as U2 probably won't be touring next year, play this one next summer.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    I would rather hear You Are
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,959
    Elevation is an awful song imo, even Ed can’t save it. Looking forward to hearing the One cover though.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    yeah, seeing as U2 probably won't be touring next year, play this one next summer.

They might but it might not be with Larry
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This is awesome!!
  • Options
    Apparently Mary J Blige was sick and couldn't go on. Not sure. 
    Also the guy uploaded it 3 times. This one you can comment 
    https://youtu.be/UckiK29lIUo
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,125
    igotid88 said:

What’s wrong with Larry?
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    igotid88 said:

What’s wrong with Larry?
    He says he needs surgery before he can tour again. Excellent article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/11/28/u2-kennedy-center-honors/?fbclid=IwAR3cyOWlUVBNudgFjWCs0eK8vajxSXB2Yj7VSWBs_aVmr66pXAovXkzd2Yc
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    That's a tough call.  They aren't getting any younger, but they're one of the few bands that managed to keep the original lineup through their entire careers.   If you've only got so many touring years left in you, do you sit out a year,  and wait for Larry Mullen Jr. to heal up, or do hire a touring drummer.  Touch decisions to be had in the U2 camp.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Said no one ever.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    So cool! Almost posted about this earlier but figured it would be up eventually! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    Really cool. PJ might want to up the tempo a little if they were to cover it. Looks like Ed was wanting it to have a bit more lift. 
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,125
    halv said:
    igotid88 said:

What’s wrong with Larry?
    He says he needs surgery before he can tour again. Excellent article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/11/28/u2-kennedy-center-honors/?fbclid=IwAR3cyOWlUVBNudgFjWCs0eK8vajxSXB2Yj7VSWBs_aVmr66pXAovXkzd2Yc
    Great article. Thanks for that!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Zod said:
    That's a tough call.  They aren't getting any younger, but they're one of the few bands that managed to keep the original lineup through their entire careers.   If you've only got so many touring years left in you, do you sit out a year,  and wait for Larry Mullen Jr. to heal up, or do hire a touring drummer.  Touch decisions to be had in the U2 camp.
    You wait for Larry.  Dick move if you don’t in my opinion…unless a schedule was in the place or nearly in place 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    pjhawks said:
    Zod said:
    You wait for Larry.  Dick move if you don’t in my opinion…unless a schedule was in the place or nearly in place 

Yah, that's what I figure they'll do.   I will counterargue though.  I don't think u2 has toured since 2019.  By the time you get to 2023 it'll have been 4 years.   Even with the first year of the pandemic being a hold your breath kind of thing, that's ample time to get checked out, operated, and recover? (especially if you have financial resources).   Seems also kind of an odd decision to get operations when the juggernaut might be ready to fire up again.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856

Eddie Vedder, Patti LaBelle among those recognizing George Clooney, Tania Léon, Gladys Knight, U2 and Amy Grant in ceremony to be broadcast Dec. 28 on CBS. After five long years, the Kennedy Center Honors are finally back in full force.

• Options

• Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    Zod said:
    pjhawks said:
    Zod said:

Yah, that's what I figure they'll do.   I will counterargue though.  I don't think u2 has toured since 2019.  By the time you get to 2023 it'll have been 4 years.   Even with the first year of the pandemic being a hold your breath kind of thing, that's ample time to get checked out, operated, and recover? (especially if you have financial resources).   Seems also kind of an odd decision to get operations when the juggernaut might be ready to fire up again.
    I could see them using electronic beats or loops for a tour. That way they still stay true to the members without having to bring in someone new. And it gets them on the road. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    pjhawks said:
    Zod said:

I could see them using electronic beats or loops for a tour. That way they still stay true to the members without having to bring in someone new. And it gets them on the road. 
    It'll probably be Travis Barker. It's always Travis Barker
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Said no one ever.
    Lol
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:
    pjhawks said:
    Zod said:

It'll probably be Travis Barker. It's always Travis Barker

When it's not Travis Barker, it's always Josh Freese.