Neil Young snippet

BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,343
edited November 2022 in The Porch
There is a lengthy interview with Uncle Neil in today's L.A. Times. It includes this remark:

"I have a great thing coming, probably next year, called Mirrorball Live, with Pearl Jam. That is a movie and an album."

Here's the full context:

Q. You’ve put out a lot of previously unreleased music over the last decade or so — two Neil Young Archives box sets and counting, plus a few actual albums that never saw the light of day. In preparing that material for release, what have you learned about yourself, or your process?

A. I’m glad that I kept moving. I couldn’t finish some things because I was into something else.

Q. When you’ve put things aside, is that usually the reason?

A. It’s usually because I was distracted by something new. But sometimes I didn’t want to put it out because I was feeling it too much, and didn’t want that out there at the time in my life. That was what “Toast” [recorded in 2000 and 2001, unreleased until July of this year] was like. And it’s subtle. You can listen to “Toast” and not even really realize what’s going on in it. But “Toast” was a very personal record for me, and I didn’t put it out for a long time. There’s a few more like that in [the vaults]. I have a great thing coming, probably next year, called “Mirrorball Live,” with Pearl Jam. That’s a movie and an album. And there’s more I can’t remember. I’m making the list up now for [Archives] “Volume IV.” “Volume III” is completed and in production.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    Amazing! Can’t wait to see it.  Thanks for posting!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    Can't wait for this release!  =)