Options

CNN

lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 344
edited November 2022 in A Moving Train
Try not to get too Triggered…Cue the FOX news Comments and personal attacks….have fun y’all and let it all out like our friend below…. time to catch a plane and go on surfing safari…

Post edited by lindamarie73 on

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Not sure what that communication is, but not surprising media is looking up PJ on the latest TM fiasco.

I’ve seen and read a bunch of stories on the swiftie mess this week and not a one solution offered. When there are billions of requests for a few million tickets, in any other market the prices would expect to skyrocket. In the bizarro music biz, it’s blame the ticket broker.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    tickets hadnt been seen as a commodity before the last few years, subject to supply/demand. regardless of demand they were fixed prices. Excess above face was a scalper market.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    tickets hadnt been seen as a commodity before the last few years, subject to supply/demand. regardless of demand they were fixed prices. Excess above face was a scalper market.
    Not to mention the lack of a competitive ticketing market to help set market rates.  My understanding is this type of fiasco doesn't happen in markets like Europe where there are multiple ticket agencies/promoters?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Not to mention the lack of a competitive ticketing market to help set market rates.  My understanding is this type of fiasco doesn't happen in markets like Europe where there are multiple ticket agencies/promoters?

TM isnt the only ticket agent, but live nation has exclusive rights to most venues.

Wife and I are in Chicago. She likes this Kpop band, many actually, but we're seeingbthis group in a 10k sest arena with AXS as the ticket agent.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

TM isnt the only ticket agent, but live nation has exclusive rights to most venues.

Wife and I are in Chicago. She likes this Kpop band, many actually, but we're seeingbthis group in a 10k sest arena with AXS as the ticket agent.
    Ticketmaster is LiveNation no?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

yes. LiveNation is the promoter and venue mafia don. They own TM.

AXS runs smaller venues,  theaters clubs etc...
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Try not to get too Triggered…Cue the FOX news Comments and personal attacks….have fun y’all and let it all out like our friend below…. time to catch a plane and go on surfing safari…

I want to go surfing on an airplane!  Sounds like fun!
    Surfing On A Plane official video  song - YouTube

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

AXS has some big venues as well....
    AEG, The O2, STAPLES Center, T-Mobile Arena, Tele2Arena, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Minnesota Timberwolves, Toyota Center, Houston Rockets, NCAA and the Vegas Golden Knights. Ball Arena, 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited November 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

AXS has some big venues as well....
    AEG, The O2, STAPLES Center, T-Mobile Arena, Tele2Arena, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Minnesota Timberwolves, Toyota Center, Houston Rockets, NCAA and the Vegas Golden Knights. Ball Arena, 

In most cities there is one major arena. And the artist will usually play one show. If that sells out, resale  prices will be expensive. If an artist expects sellout, prices will be expensive. Might as well just bury the fees in the face value of the ticket. Why does it matter how many ticket brokers there are? More competition will lead to higher prices when shows sell out. This bash TM brigade  is pointless.

the one thing that could have been better on the last tour was the face value exchange where fans wanted to unload expensive tickets
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Entertaining thread, for sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Stone Gossard, Bassist....lol
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana