LP Covers, does the condition matter to you?

I was talking to a buddy earlier about talking about vinyl and covers. He doesn't really care what condition the cover is as long as the LP is in good shape and plays well while I'm more OCD about the cover being in the best condition possible. I was curious to what other people thought about this. Do you avoid LPs with crushed corners, creases or seam splitting? Does it depend if the album is used or new or if it's one of your favorite artist or not?

Eric 

Comments

• evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Depends... old "cheap" vinyl that I'm buying just to add to the shelves for spinning... I don't care if the cover is brutal... as long as the record plays through without skips. But new shit I'm buying specifically to collect and add to my hoard (lolllllll), then ya... that shit better be mint dammit. :p
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    True^. Like posters it's hard to keep them minty fresh. A well loved record will have a bit of a banged up jacket. Scored an old stones record (5x7) with surface sctaches. Banged up jacket adds to the charm. No skips. But yes dirt cheap. Wouldn't pay a lot (over 5 bucks) for a beat up lp'
  • I care enough to put everything in sleeve protectors with outer sleeve pockets from vinylstorgaesolutions.ca.

The trifold protectors with outer sleeves is awesome. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    Yes, it matters to me. Artwork has to be mint / near mint condition.
    I protect them with Made in Japan sleeves.

• demetrios said:
    Yes, it matters to me. Artwork has to be mint / near mint condition.
    I protect them with Made in Japan sleeves.

VG+ is good enough, depending on the vintage. People are pretty loose with NM/M- grading I find.