For some reason I cant make a whole song

kDoGG3n4kDoGG3n4 Posts: 228
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK ... I can easily create something that sounds good to me...I mean I am just learning.... but then ... I either need somethign for where the chorus would go...or I dunno I just seem to only make 1/2 of a song....

I am new
I know C, D, G, F, A, Am, E, Em, Dsus4, Fsus4, Gsus4

Can anyone help
The Answers are Fatal.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DigMeOutDigMeOut Posts: 29
    keep playing
    8-23-00, 8-24-00, 8-25-00, 11/14/02(letterman), 4-30-03, 6-6-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 7-14-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04. 10-1-04, 3-18-05 (northwest school), 9-2-05, 9-4-05, 9-15-05, 9-16-05, 9-30-05, 10-1-05
  • kDoGG3n4kDoGG3n4 Posts: 228
    Keep em coming please
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • DigMeOut wrote:
    keep playing
    what he said.

Don't worry about writing until you have a good idea of what you can do.

trust me if you plan on getting better (or at least moving past that pop-punk genre....) anything you write with that limited knowledge is going to sound like shit in 1/2 a years time at most.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • kDoGG3n4 wrote:
    OK ... I can easily create something that sounds good to me...I mean I am just learning.... but then ... I either need somethign for where the chorus would go...or I dunno I just seem to only make 1/2 of a song....

I am new
    I know C, D, G, F, A, Am, E, Em, Dsus4, Fsus4, Gsus4

Can anyone help

learn at least 20 more chords in all different positions of the fretboard, a bunch of scales and just play around. you'll get there
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    learn at least 20 more chords in all different positions of the fretboard, a bunch of scales and just play around. you'll get there

Dam Right - look at chord shapes, learn them, play around and mix shit up, time is the key
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    As well as chord shapes, when fingering a chord, use a spare finger to hammer on another note, adding a bit of depth. I do this, never really know what chord it is i am playing, but it sounds good.

You don't need the most extesive chord knowledge to write a good song. Look at Noel Gallagher, most of his songs are pretty traditional chord progressions but they sound good.

Keep trying.

Peace.