Best WMA tags on Daughter

Doing a little research here that I could use some help with. Do you have a version of Daughter where you thought the WMA tag was outstanding? It could be anything from the band getting jammy with it, going into extra verses, having a reason behind playing it (STL for Ferguson, SHN for George Floyd, or the pronouns swap at Hyde Park).

Don’t be smart. People have responded on twitter saying it’s OK… yeah refrain from doing that. If you know versions from specific shows that had any of those elements I mentioned please feel free to pass them along!
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Doing a little research here that I could use some help with. Do you have a version of Daughter where you thought the WMA tag was outstanding? It could be anything from the band getting jammy with it, going into extra verses, having a reason behind playing it (STL for Ferguson, SHN for George Floyd, or the pronouns swap at Hyde Park).

Don’t be smart. People have responded on twitter saying it’s OK… yeah refrain from doing that. If you know versions from specific shows that had any of those elements I mentioned please feel free to pass them along!
    Wouldn't you rather the whole song rather than a snippet?
  • Miami 2016 full version.  They were on fire that night.
  • Doing a little research here that I could use some help with. Do you have a version of Daughter where you thought the WMA tag was outstanding? It could be anything from the band getting jammy with it, going into extra verses, having a reason behind playing it (STL for Ferguson, SHN for George Floyd, or the pronouns swap at Hyde Park).

Wouldn't you rather the whole song rather than a snippet?
    There are 19 versions of the actual full song and it’s easy to find them all (early 1993 versions not withstanding) and dig in. It’s the 122+ of the tags that that I need to go through in order to tell a proper story. It’s for a podcast series where we dissect the entire evolution of a PJ live song, and tags are vital part of how WMA evolves. Just wanted to get some leads into versions I may not have heard before or might have forgotten. Make sense?
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Ahh ok.  I have like 5 shows I went to with them.

4/29/16
    9/5/16
    9/10/18
    10/2/18
    10/2/21
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    edited November 2022
    Ahh ok.  I have like 5 shows I went to with them.

4/29/16
    9/5/16
    9/10/18
    10/2/18
    10/2/21
    A little confused about the September dates and 2018 ones, I don’t think that those are show dates right?
    Post edited by Sobelberg8 on

• 4/29/16 Philly 2
    8/5/16 Boston 1
    8/10/18 Sea 2
    9/2/18 Bos 1
    9/18/21 SHN

Sorry.. Long day.
  • A few that I really like

10/27/93 - this one is actually off Porch, mid solo starts singing ‘all my pieces set me free’

11/6/93 - this was off Once! Caught me by complete surprise. It’s awesome, worth checking out

3/7/94 - another off Porch, maybe the best tag this has ever been

ok, now actual Daughter tags!

5/21/10 - this was the version turned into white male Arizonian at MSG

10/3/14 - for Michael Brown, Ed gets real enraged at the end, doesn’t make mention of the incident but doesn’t have to

9/18/21 - I don’t think I’ve ever seen this covered that deep into the song. It almost should be counted as a full play

7/8/22 - when they changed pronouns to be appropriate for the roe v Wade overturn

looking for good jammy ones and any that had attachment to a situation that happened in current events that they are reacting to

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    9/29/96 is a really great version.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......