psst...10/25/2022...part 3

2»

Comments

• pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    My St Louis poster story...

I left my sister, bro in law & cousin to stand in line for over an hour only for it to be the stand that ran out of posters and shirts. so I missed out on merch & hanging with them... (met two girls behind me who waited 3 hours at the stand outside and they missed out both inside and outside)

then i found a guy at the show who would sell me one for $200. so I go to meet him and he doesn't have it in a tube. so I'm like screw it, I'll buy it anyway. then I had to go back to the line I was in and luckily the usher was like can I help you and he went and asked the cashier for a tube so she checked me out quickly. thank god because the line was still miles long.

anyway, $200 for the poster, $200 for the frame job and its hanging on the wall in the mancave. there has to be a better way to get fans the poster. I don't know. 

hope you all score one somehow. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    pthomn said:
    My St Louis poster story...

I left my sister, bro in law & cousin to stand in line for over an hour only for it to be the stand that ran out of posters and shirts. so I missed out on merch & hanging with them... (met two girls behind me who waited 3 hours at the stand outside and they missed out both inside and outside)

then i found a guy at the show who would sell me one for $200. so I go to meet him and he doesn't have it in a tube. so I'm like screw it, I'll buy it anyway. then I had to go back to the line I was in and luckily the usher was like can I help you and he went and asked the cashier for a tube so she checked me out quickly. thank god because the line was still miles long.

anyway, $200 for the poster, $200 for the frame job and its hanging on the wall in the mancave. there has to be a better way to get fans the poster. I don't know. 

hope you all score one somehow. 
    On the bright side… you have a way better story to share when people see that poster and ask where you got it instead of just saying I bought it on Amazon. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 2
    edited October 2022
    I prefer the method The Rolling Stones have used. Even for the event specific merch, you can usually preorder your shirts and merch before the date. Then you can wear the shirt to the event. 
    Post edited by PinkFloyd on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    Thanks Santos. Will you be selling Ed's posters from Ohana, Paso Robles, and Las vegas?

• FlavafrazFlavafraz Posts: 416
    How bout the Vic vinyl any update on that shipping out 
    Flavafraz said:
    How bout the Vic vinyl any update on that shipping out 

The UK store justed updated their shipping date from November 1st to November 29th. Hopefully these will arrive before Christmas. 
    PinkFloyd said:
    I prefer the method The Rolling Stones have used. Even for the event specific merch, you can usually preorder your shirts and merch before the date. Then you can wear the shirt to the event. 

Yes please!
  • PinkFloyd said:
    The admin costs of doing that are baked into RS' ticket prices, which are typically a few times what Pearl Jam's are. I agree that there's gotta be a better way with all the merch craziness but I'm not sure PJ/10c has a large enough operation to make this scenario happen. It's unfortunate but it is a reality we all have to face. Would you rather Pearl Jam keep ticket prices low or raise ticket prices, thereby passing along the cost of either handling that type of merch option in house or pay to outsource to some company that is better equipped? Assuming those costs are passed along to the consumer (which is almost always the case), 10c would then have to listen to us complain about how the band has raised ticket prices to astronomical levels. The band, and more specifically 10c, are in a much tougher spot on this issue than I think most people appreciate.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,258
    As a fan, its frustrating we can't get what seems like simple merchandise. But in reality, I'm not sure I'd do it differently if I ran it. I wouldn't want to be in charge of thousands of pre-orders per show, packing and shipping each order. Dealing with lost and damage packages, missing items, etc. Especially when you know it sells out in person. Logistically and from a profit standpoint, I'm sure this process, as frustrated for the fans as it is, is the best business model.
    I hope they offer preorders and make it easier, but I really don't see why they would. 
  • mace1229 said:
    As a fan, its frustrating we can't get what seems like simple merchandise. But in reality, I'm not sure I'd do it differently if I ran it. I wouldn't want to be in charge of thousands of pre-orders per show, packing and shipping each order. Dealing with lost and damage packages, missing items, etc. Especially when you know it sells out in person. Logistically and from a profit standpoint, I'm sure this process, as frustrated for the fans as it is, is the best business model.
    I hope they offer preorders and make it easier, but I really don't see why they would. 
    Not to mention all of the folks that would complain when they had to buy a poster/shirt sight unseen and then it turned out to be the Vancouver Pigman.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    mace1229 said:
    Not to mention all of the folks that would complain when they had to buy a poster/shirt sight unseen and then it turned out to be the Vancouver Pigman.
    Or the secondary market. If I buy tickets and get the poster and shirt, but then can't go and sell on F2F, does that buyer get the shirt and poster? Or do they end up spending 2-3x what a normal ticket costs, and then still have to fight crowds for merch?

And then there's the folks who just don't want merch, but now have to spend more to get tickets.

There are workarounds for all of this, but this is how the simple idea of "let us pre-order or include it with tickets" snowballs into a logistical nightmare.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    St. Louis arrived pretty fast.
    Thanks!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    Super cool in person. Oddly would go nice with the two jackalopes I got in mystery sales. If you put all the baseball themed posters together you'd think pj is a baseball team.