who wants to start a band?

dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
accepting applications.
jeter drinks wine coolers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    if you don't mind a crappy guitar player, i'm in! :)
  • me me me...move to Minnesota and you've got yourself a deal.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Well practice in garages in different time zones! ;)
    - "I mean Good Charlotte are good. They just sound like someone shoved a popsical up someones ass!" Ed.

"I am ahead, I am advanced, I am the first man to borrow Stones leather pants."

Stone Gossard: Is the height of fashion. More poeple should take note, and learn from a master
  • Rock n Roll netmeeting? HAHAH
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Rockin out via Webcams? How very american pie
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i need someone who wants to do beats and (perhaps) bass in calgary.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    exhausted wrote:
    i need someone who wants to do beats and (perhaps) bass in calgary.

Am I reading this right or maybe just hoping beyond hope that YOU are actually going to start sharing all that talent with others in the form of local jam sessions or an actual band?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:
    Am I reading this right or maybe just hoping beyond hope that YOU are actually going to start sharing all that talent with others in the form of local jam sessions or an actual band?

meh. it'll never happen.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    meh. it'll never happen.

the perfect attitude to ensure that it does.

Might I suggest that Ms. Magic in all her bass magnificance, track some bass lines for some of the songs that Ex has, then we find Greg a good computer drum kit and then Greg can put out a small demo, to give to local bars, play a few acoustic sets of his very good songs and put up some flyers and announce that he's looking for a new bass player and drummer to jam and have fun and maybe play a few gigs. Sell the demos for a dollar attract a massive female cult following in the Calgary area ala John Mayer and then get rich and quit. :D

By the way, any bass players and drummers in the Atlanta Metro Area, I need the same, highly skilled is not required, just bring yourself and your instruments and be able to jam. I've got a keyboard/organ player and an amazing lead player lined up, but everything builds from the drum and bass.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    exhausted wrote:
    meh. it'll never happen.
    Never say never.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    I actually did it with Everything is New. Wow, it has been a long time.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    the perfect attitude to ensure that it does.

Might I suggest that Ms. Magic in all her bass magnificance, track some bass lines for some of the songs that Ex has, then we find Greg a good computer drum kit and then Greg can put out a small demo, to give to local bars, play a few acoustic sets of his very good songs and put up some flyers and announce that he's looking for a new bass player and drummer to jam and have fun and maybe play a few gigs. Sell the demos for a dollar attract a massive female cult following in the Calgary area ala John Mayer and then get rich and quit. :D

By the way, any bass players and drummers in the Atlanta Metro Area, I need the same, highly skilled is not required, just bring yourself and your instruments and be able to jam. I've got a keyboard/organ player and an amazing lead player lined up, but everything builds from the drum and bass.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Hey Ex, I might be able to help you out with finding some guys from Calgary being that I'm so close. Tell me exactly what you are looking for and maybe I can pass the word around.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    i have no idea what i'm looking for. or if i'm looking for anything. i'm pretty conflicted about the whole thing.

pretty much all my experiences with other musicians, after the initial joy of making noise at high volume wears off, have been disappointing.

i'd really like to play guitar in some sort of gomez/idlewild-ish type band. noisy but with good songs. just play guitar and not worry about anything else.

my attempts at being a musical director have failed in the past because i'm unable to articulate what i need. and i'd be a total harpy-bitch control freak.