Options

Green Day Nimrod re issue

Just saw Green day are reissuing Nimrod. Love that Lp. But very shocked by the almost 170 quid price. They just keep going up don't they. Its a very good set but wow

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    Looks nice but pricey.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    eboweddie said:
    Just saw Green day are reissuing Nimrod. Love that Lp. But very shocked by the almost 170 quid price. They just keep going up don't they. Its a very good set but wow

Good grief!  That's $190 US dollars.  No way! Not even if it were a Dookie re-issue.  No way!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Seeing the 5LP silver for $125. Not that I would buy this but its certainly pricey even at that. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2022
    I paid $34 CDN for the 2021 RE last year. Does the trick… my wife is a bigger Green Day fan than me, although Welcome to Paradise is an ageless classic. Always been my favourite GD track  (I know it’s not on Nimrod). 

i think the 2021 RE is a repress of the 2017 RE

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 923
    Just saw prices. 196 euro for silver press. 165 for black press. Not great.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    spotify it is lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    I wouldn't mind a regular pressing of the album.  I don't really need outtakes and a live show.  Which is usually my opposite problem, whereas I've bought boxsets (or want boxsets from other bands) just to get the live album even though I already have copies of the album the boxset is for.

Hopefully they do a straight up Nimrod LP reissue.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    I’ve grown to actually hate Green Day. BUT, I do love this album
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    I know people love America Idiot, but this was their last great album. This is where they stopped sounding like them.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    I know people love America Idiot, but this was their last great album. This is where they stopped sounding like them.

Agreed 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    American Idiot was the last great record they did, before that? Nimrod. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    Everyone's favorite Green Day album is/was whatever came out when they were 17.

Just like the last great SNL cast.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    Disagree with the SNL bit, but the Green Day part is true because Insomniac is my favorite Green Day record.