Options

Dead & Co. Summer Tour ‘23

ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
Any heads out there going to any shows?

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Those Frisco shows I would do! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Those Frisco shows I would do! 
    I’m going to my home base show in Atlanta, and either the 3-show run at Folsom Field or the 2-show run at the Gorge.  I really, really wished the 3 show run in Boulder was at Red Rocks.
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,071
    Might try for Chicago.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,911
    May try for Fenway but probably not until right before the show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,848
    Might be a good time to see my first show :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,836
    Will defo catch at least one show. Currently leaning towards Chicago, NY or San Francisco. The Boulder and Gorge shows would be pretty special as well.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Doubt I'll be stateside this summer but would love to do both SPAC shows. (Do they still call it that?)
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Doubt I'll be stateside this summer but would love to do both SPAC shows. (Do they still call it that?)
    Yes
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
    Will do both of the NC shows and then will try for SF. Have always wanted to see the Dead (or a variant) in California.
  • Options
    This is it for Bobby now, yes?
  • Options
    Fortunately, no....he said he/they'd keep playing in one form or another til he drops. No 100% certain but I think the breakup of DeadCo is due to wear and tear on Mayer. Hopefully, we'll eventually see another Bobby-led incarnation of the Grateful Dead.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    The Dead are still a band?  OK, I'm being lazy and could look it up, but tell me about this?  How is that possible?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Check out Bobby & The Wolf Bros.  Good stuff.
  • Options
    He just did something for Thirdman with this incarnation.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    The Dead are still a band?  OK, I'm being lazy and could look it up, but tell me about this?  How is that possible?
    I believe Bobby is the last original touring member besides Hart?  Phil stopped after GD50 I believe and does his own stuff like Philloween here in Brooklyn.  

Hence the &Company.  John Mayer has been touring with them the last couple of years.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I believe Bobby is the last original touring member besides Hart?  Phil stopped after GD50 I believe and does his own stuff like Philloween here in Brooklyn.  

Hence the &Company.  John Mayer has been touring with them the last couple of years.
    Don’t forget about my boy Billy Kreutzmann on drums with Mickey.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Bobby as in Bob Weir?
    OK, so I got off my but and looked them up.   Well, at least they don't refer to themselves as "The Grateful Dead".  That would be rather strange. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Bobby as in Bob Weir?
    OK, so I got off my but and looked them up.   Well, at least they don't refer to themselves as "The Grateful Dead".  That would be rather strange. 
    lol, They stopped touring as Grateful Dead after Jerry died.  They have come together in a different array and forms like The Other Ones, Further, The Dead, Dead & Company.  I think I got all of them?

I'm going off of memory but I am sure there are more that are better versed than I am.
  • Options
    +1. The Parts 1 & 2 live albums from Red Rocks are fantastic. Pt2 just dropped this past Friday. The 20 minute Terrapin Station Suite jam on it is reeeeallly good.

Last week in an interview w/ Andy Cohen Bob was asked to name his all-time favorite venue. He said the venue they played in '78 in Egypt, the Giza pyramid....and beyond that his next favorite is the Ryman Auditorium. It always makes me smile to hear the Mother Church getting some love. There's no telling how many venues Bob has played thru the years, and to hear him name check the Ryman in that context is another reminder of what a special place it is.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Bobby as in Bob Weir?
    lol, They stopped touring as Grateful Dead after Jerry died.  They have come together in a different array and forms like The Other Ones, Further, The Dead, Dead & Company.  I think I got all of them?

I'm going off of memory but I am sure there are more that are better versed than I am.

The Living Dead, perhaps?  :tongue:

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,222
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Bobby as in Bob Weir?

Or maybe The Freshly Dead?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    If you are going to go, go to SPAC or the Gorge. Skip Citi Field. :)
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Bobby as in Bob Weir?

Or maybe The Freshly Dead?

"I ain't got nobody..."
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    +1. The Parts 1 & 2 live albums from Red Rocks are fantastic. Pt2 just dropped this past Friday. The 20 minute Terrapin Station Suite jam on it is reeeeallly good.

Last week in an interview w/ Andy Cohen Bob was asked to name his all-time favorite venue. He said the venue they played in '78 in Egypt, the Giza pyramid....and beyond that his next favorite is the Ryman Auditorium. It always makes me smile to hear the Mother Church getting some love. There's no telling how many venues Bob has played thru the years, and to hear him name check the Ryman in that context is another reminder of what a special place it is.
    The Ryman was awesome!  After PJ Nashville, we took a tour of ryman next day.  While there, saw them loading rigs and gear in, and decided we’d see whoever was playing there that night.  Turns out it was the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!  I’m not a country fan but I respect that they are a huge country band and have been for a long time.  Awesome to see a classic act in that incredible venue!  Also probably got Covid there.  Totally tracks. Lol
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 said:
    jjflash said:

The Ryman was awesome!  After PJ Nashville, we took a tour of ryman next day.  While there, saw them loading rigs and gear in, and decided we’d see whoever was playing there that night.  Turns out it was the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!  I’m not a country fan but I respect that they are a huge country band and have been for a long time.  Awesome to see a classic act in that incredible venue!  Also probably got Covid there.  Totally tracks. Lol
    Glad you were able to experience a show there. Good stuff, Vant! Well, except for the unwanted souvenir you took home, ha. 
  • Options
    Night 1 at wrigley scored!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    Watching these slow release TPAC 'Platinum' seats via the presale reminds me how much Ticketmaster sucks donkey balls. A terrible way to gig fans out of big dollars.
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Watching these slow release TPAC 'Platinum' seats via the presale reminds me how much Ticketmaster sucks donkey balls. A terrible way to gig fans out of big dollars.
    It's the last tour my man.  They got to make that dough ray me!

I'll be buying box sets until I die from them anyways.
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    It's the last tour my man.  They got to make that dough ray me!

I'll be buying box sets until I die from them anyways.
    I hear ya. I know I'm kicking a dead horse but TM is so disingenuous and, most if not all times, has their sights fully set on how to extract the maximum amount of cheddar from fans' pockets. Trying to buy tickets for in-demand shows is about a fun a going to the doctor or dealing with airline companies. It doesn't have to be that way, yet it is. It's simply TM's way of doing business and, if you want to go to most shows, fans like you and me unfortunately are forced to feed the beast. 

I admit: the chase for good tickets is often a thrill. Like any game you win some, you lose some. Today I chased two DeadCo shows: TPAC and SF.  TPAC tickets continued a slow release every couple of minutes for nearly two hours. 'Best Available' seats carries a very loose definition. FOMO caused fans, eager to see the final tour, to buy tickets at outrageously inflated prices as available seats mysteriously continued to become available (fair to ask: were they truly outrageous prices if people, or bots, continued to buy them?). SF tickets at base and VIP price levels were vacuumed up super fast only to be replaced by 'Platinum' tickets for regular seats selling at or well above VIP prices. 

Good for those who scooped seats at the advertised prices. Good for someone for making a pile of cash. TM definitely did, hopefully (I know I'm being naive here) DeadCo didn't share in their rigged shenanigans. I don't mind paying fair market for good seats but, other than scooping a pair of tix for one of the TPAC shows, remained on the sidelines today. Requiring $300-$500/ea on the primary market for seats that are the equivalent of fortieth row or more just ain't right, IMO. Ok, rant over - and I'm buying the box sets as well, as long as they don't get marked up to platinum prices;)
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
    Scored my tix for the last two shows in San Francisco. First trip out to the Bay Area as an adult - haven't been since 1978!