Options

just an exercise in getting my protools legs back (mp3 inside)

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
this is a work in progress. i haven't recorded anything in ages besides clips so this is just an exercise in recording, creating tones, messing with guitar rig (there is some insanely cool stuff in there) as a plug-in etc. just to get the hang of it again.

still have to add bass and vocals (if i can think of lyrics that is) and work out levels. some of the effects won't be as obnoxious in the final product.

no, i don't know where the 90210 guitars came from either. that's just how they came out. stupid guitarmonies.

sorry about the beat track. i can't play or program drums so i don't even try anymore.

http://fridgemagnetmanifesto.net/audio/openGworking.mp3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    nice work!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Nice job, Greg. I don't think any true guitarist can really figure out programming drums.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Fun stuff. Good job!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    thanks guys.

i updated the file with a bass track and some better mixing. probably will never get around to doing vocals.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    very cool greg. Love the acoustic. I think the distorted guitars might just be compressing too much.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    yes. Totally agree. Still working on the mix.
  • Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    Wow! I love it. I'd love to hear some more...
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    thanks.

i don't actually have anything else online right now. i'm debating putting everything back up but haven't decided for sure yet.
  • Options
    exhausted wrote:
    thanks.

i don't actually have anything else online right now. i'm debating putting everything back up but haven't decided for sure yet.

Sounds great, Greg! You ought to put some of that old stuff up. You've written some really good songs.

I'm in trying to decide on Protools, Cubase or Adobe. I have a Presonus Firepod that works great, but it won't work with the proprietary Digi systems so if I went Protools, I'd have to get a new 8 track interface. I'll probably end up with Cubase.
    I'm still battling latency, though! I sort of miss 32 track analog, but I don't miss the actual BUYING of the 32 track tape.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

thank you. well, we'll see how it goes.

http://fridgemagnetmanifesto.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48:minorlith-2004&catid=34:original&Itemid=53

make sure your flash is up to date. i'm in the very early stages of putting the site together so it's a mess.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I like time.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    savmansavman Posts: 230
    Really cool track Greg! I thought it was interesting enough I didnt mind no lyrics.
    I'd second putting up some more of your tracks. Id love to hear them too.
  • Options
    thank you. the site in my sig now has a few more songs. eventually i'll just tank everything in there.