Options

look what the great pumpkin left me

Comments

• Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Sweet! How comparable is that to the Fender amp? And how much did you pay?
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    "I got a rock"-Charlie Brown
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sweet, all I got were pumpkin guts all over me. Glad to know he flys through the air in Canada too
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    sweet, all I got were pumpkin guts all over me.

yeah, that's in a couple hours for me. mmmm roasted pumpkin seeds.
  • Options
    edpearson wrote:
    Sweet! How comparable is that to the Fender amp? And how much did you pay?

it's pretty much spot on with the component quality of the original fenders bearing in mind that everything's new and not aged 40 years. the cabinet is solid pine too. the build quality will be all up to me. i paid $550US which is not econmically feasile when you consider that silverface vibros can be had for much less but i really enjoy just building my own from scratch. this amp will ultimately go to my son.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    it's pretty much spot on with the component quality of the original fenders bearing in mind that everything's new and not aged 40 years. the cabinet is solid pine too. the build quality will be all up to me. i paid $550US which is not econmically feasile when you consider that silverface vibros can be had for much less but i really enjoy just building my own from scratch. this amp will ultimately go to my son.

Cool, that's about what the blackfaces were going for several years ago. And you don't have to worry about old filter caps or shocking experiences with the grounding hopefully. I'm sure by the time he gets it the speaker will be nice and warn in. A few years of dust and it'll be just like the old thing.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mig will just laugh since he bought his for $50 or something. a few yearsa go i missed one by $5. it went for $405. now they're way more.

this one has a 10" speaker so it's veering a little from vintage style.

my son will get this one and my daughter, who is already a little rocker at 9 months (falls asleep to NIN etc), gets the tweed princeton.
  • Options
    Can your wife give my wife a call, and talk some sense into her? Or maybe she has a twin sister? Doesn't hurt to ask....

Keep us posted as always.

As for me....Off to the studio sunday morning... The band is starting tracking the new stuff then... What am I getting myself into!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.