Options

'Good Music to Ensure Safe Abortion Access to All' compilation record - Bandcamp

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
edited October 2022 in The Porch

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Stacked acts. 

Wanna see a traklist

REM didn't say what their track is, I'm guessing a live cut though. I'm guessing there will be a ton of live cuts.

Isbell/Shires will be great.
    Hoping for a Ty Segall cover. 
    Would love a new Animal Collective track, but I'm guessing thats a live cut too.

• Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    Stacked acts. 

Wanna see a traklist

REM didn't say what their track is, I'm guessing a live cut though. I'm guessing there will be a ton of live cuts.

Isbell/Shires will be great.
    Hoping for a Ty Segall cover. 
    Would love a new Animal Collective track, but I'm guessing thats a live cut too.

Walk Unafraid. 
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    Some awesome bands, a good cause. I'm in!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    This should be very good.

I have “Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy - Volume 2”

Regret that I missed the download date on Volume 1.  Anyone care to share?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    This should be very good.

I have “Good Music To Avert The Collapse Of American Democracy - Volume 2”

Regret that I missed the download date on Volume 1.  Anyone care to share?

I'll see if I still have it somewhere. 
  • Options
    Good Music to Ensure Safe Abortion Access to All 
    A Compilation Album of Previously Unreleased Music
    Available on Bandcamp for ONE DAY ONLY - Friday, October 7

Thank you for supporting our Good Music compilation records on Bandcamp in 2020 that benefited voting rights organizations. We have a new installment of the Good Music project...

Good Music to Ensure Safe Abortion Access to All is a 49 track compilation made up entirely of previously unreleased recordings from some of the most important names in music today. The album features never-before-heard new songs, covers, remixes, live versions, and unreleased demos from incredible artists across genres. The collection will be available exclusively for 24 hours only via Bandcamp this Friday, October 7th starting at 12:01am PT.

100% of the net proceeds from the album’s sales will go to The Brigid AllianceAbortion Care Network & NOISE FOR NOW to raise urgently needed funds to help people access abortion care and support independent clinics working to meet the overwhelming increase in demand from traveling patients.
    The cover art was created by acclaimed artist Kim Gordon. A tee shirt with the album art will also be sold on Bandcamp as an add-on to the compilation. 

A huge thank you to all the artist teams, labels and publishers involved and, of course, all the artists who contributed their music, time, and enthusiasm to this project.

CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS

1. Amanda Shires and Jason Isbell
    2. Andrew Bird
    3. Animal Collective
    4. Annie DiRusso
    5. Bob Weir & Wolf Bros
    6. Bully
    7. Caroline Spence, Erin Rae, Michaela Anne, Tristen
    8. Cat Power
    9. Charlie Hickey
    10. Daniel Rossen
    11. David Byrne and Devo
    12. Death Cab for Cutie
    13. Dirty Projectors
    14. Disq
    15. Emma Bradley
    16. Fleet Foxes
    17. Foals
    18. Gia Margaret
    19. Grouplove
    20. Hand Habits
    21. Jayla Kai
    22. Kills Birds
    23. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
    24. Mac DeMarco
    25. Mary Lattimore
    26. Maya Hawke
    27. My Morning Jacket
    28. The Neverly Boys
    29. Overcoats
    30. Pearl Jam
    31. Pluralone
    32. PUP
    33. R.E.M.
    34. She & Him
    35. Silversun Pickups
    36. Sleater-Kinney
    37. Soccer Mommy
    38. Squirrel Flower
    39. STS9
    40. Sunflower Bean
    41. Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes
    42. Tegan and Sara
    43. Tenacious D
    44. Thao x Tune-Yards
    45. The Album Leaf
    46. The Regrettes
    47. Ty Segall
    48. Water From Your Eyes
    49. Wet Leg 

GOODMUSICCOMP.BANDCAMP.COM
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Looking forward to getting this tomorrow
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    Interesting that Kim Gordon did the artwork, but doesn't have a song on the album (unless she's involved in one of the bands on this I've not heard of).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Looking forward to getting this tomorrow

Me too.  
  • Options

Available exclusively via Bandcamp for only 24 hours starting TONIGHT at midnight (12:01am) Pacific Time, October 7, ‘Good Music to Ensure Safe Abortion Access to All’ is a 49 track compilation made up entirely of previously unreleased recordings from some of the most important names in music today. The album features never-before-heard new songs, covers, remixes, live versions, and unreleased demos from incredible artists across genres. goodmusiccomp.bandcamp.com

100% of the net proceeds from the album’s sales will go to The Brigid Alliance, Abortion Care Network & NOISE FOR NOW to raise urgently needed funds to help people access abortion care and support independent clinics working to meet the overwhelming increase in demand from traveling patients.

The cover art was created by acclaimed artist Kim Gordon. A tee shirt with the album art will also be sold on Bandcamp as an add-on to the compilation.

A huge thank you to all the artist teams, labels and publishers involved and, of course, all the artists who contributed their music, time, and enthusiasm to this project.

• Options
  • Options
    Purchased! :rock_on:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Purchased! :rock_on:
    Same! Just started listening to it. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

‘‘Good Music to Ensure Safe Abortion Access to All’’ is available TODAY ONLY on @bandcamp. A live version of "Porch" has been included in this compilation, recorded from Frankfurt, Germany, and is only available to purchase until midnight tonight pt. All proceeds benefit @brigidalliance, @abortioncarenetwork & @noisefornow. Get yours now at the link in bio.

• Options
    LOVE the Silversun Pickups - Songbirds (Live from The Orange Peel) track.

• Options

The Good Music team and our partners + friends at NOISE FOR NOW want to send huge thanks to everyone who supported the 'GOOD MUSIC TO ENSURE SAFE ABORTION ACCESS TO ALL' compilation project last Friday. We were so gratified that such a great group of artists and their teams came together to make this album possible, and thanks to all of you, we raised more than $230,000 over the 24 hours that it was available!

We could not have done this without your support and generosity. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

If you missed the one-day-only compilation, you can still support the great abortion rights organizations that will benefit from last week's release by pre-ordering the Kim Gordon-designed 'Liberate Abortion' fundraiser t-shirt via NOISE FOR NOW here: noisefornow.org/shop

And it's never too late to donate directly to THE BRIGID ALLIANCE (brigidalliance.org) and ABORTION CARE NETWORK (abortioncarenetwork.org).

Please keep your eyes open for other opportunities to support Good Music projects in the future!

• Options
  • Options
    This compilation is fantastic. Been listening to it a lot since I bought it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thank You - Over $230k Raised From Compilation Album To Benefit Abortion Access
    Good Music

Hi everyone,

All of us here on the occasionally-assembled Good Music team, and our partners and friends at Noise for Now, want to send huge thanks to everyone who supported the GOOD MUSIC TO ENSURE SAFE ABORTION ACCESS TO ALL compilation project last Friday. We were so gratified that such a great group of artists and their teams came together to make this album possible, and we raised more than $230,000 over the 24 hours that it was available!

We could not have done this without your support and generosity.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

If you missed the one-day-only compilation last week, then you can still support the great abortion rights organizations that will benefit from last week's release by pre-ordering the Kim Gordon-designed 'Liberate Abortion' fundraiser t-shirt via NOISE FOR NOW; and it's never too late to donate directly to THE BRIGID ALLIANCE and ABORTION CARE NETWORK.

Please keep your eyes open for other opportunities to support Good Music projects in the future!
    PRE-ORDER SHIRT

Jay Thibodeau, Communications Director at Abortion Care Network
    "Independent clinics provide the majority of abortion care in the US, yet these dedicated providers often lack the visibility and resources they need to keep their doors open. Donating to keep clinics open in every state makes a huge difference to those who need care, and bold, public support for indie providers is deeply meaningful. It also matters that people who have, provide, and support abortion know that they are not alone: most people in the US support the right to abortion, and we are less alone when we can see and join unified, unapologetic calls to liberate abortion."

Odile Schalit, Executive Director of The Brigid Alliance
    “Since the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade, Americans are traveling longer and longer distances for an abortion. For people with limited resources, accessing abortion care can be all but impossible when you add up the costs of transportation, lodging, meals, and lost wages. The Brigid Alliance exists to help get people to an abortion provider – and back home again – no matter what it takes. The money raised through this benefit compilation will directly support our mission of making abortion borderless, burden free, and accessible to all.”

Amelia Bauer, Executive Director of NOISE FOR NOW
    "NOISE FOR NOW is thrilled to see these incredible artists rally around Abortion Rights. We know that this stellar group of musicians stands with the majority of Americans in believing that decisions about if and when to grow a family are deeply personal, and we must trust people to make those decisions for themselves without shame, stigma or criminalization. Abortion is healthcare. Liberate Abortion!" 

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Looking for a copy of this compilation, if anyone can share thx
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Give me a day or two. 
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Not to be a sick but If you are going to “share” this at least make some kind of donation.
  • Options

New message from Good Music

It's Bandcamp Friday and we have some exciting news to share. NOISE FOR NOW, a partner on the 'Good Music To Ensure Safe Abortion Access For All' benefit compilation we released in 2022, has started a record label to release benefit compilations to support abortion access throughout the US.

They have some exciting offerings live now on their Bandcamp page: noisefornow.bandcamp.com

NOISE FOR NOW Vol. 1 is a vinyl-only release that features select tracks from the 2022 Good Music compilation from Amanda Shires & Jason Isbell, Bully, Caroline Spence & Erin Rae & Michaela Anne & Tristen, Cat Power, Fleet Foxes, Maya Hawke, My Morning Jacket, Sleater-Kinney, Tegan and Sara, Thao and the Get Down Stay Down & Tune-Yards, and Wet Leg.
    Proceeds support Brigid Alliance and Abortion Care Network's Keep Our Clinics fund.

NOISE FOR NOW Vol. 2 is slated for release on June 21st, but you can pre-order today. This compilation features tracks from A.J. Haynes (of Seratones), Becca Mancari, Big Freedia, Claud, Courtney Barnett, David Byrne + Devo, Faye Webster, Julia Jacklin, MC50 Feat. Arrow DeWilde, SOFIA ISELLA, and The War On Drugs.
    Proceeds support Abortion Care Network's Keep Our Clinics fund.

As our friend Amelia Bauer, Co-Founder and Executive Director of NOISE FOR NOW says: “We know that when the artists and performers we love speak openly and unapologetically about abortion, abortion is stripped of its stigma. We believe that we can shape our future with art, community, and collective action."

We hope that you'll support by ordering these special releases this Bandcamp Friday!
    noisefornow.bandcamp.com

• Options
    I wish they add a digital album purchase option
  • Options
    Pap said:
    I wish they add a digital album purchase option

I still have them in my Bandcamp account for listening. Not sure why they pulled them off the public view for listening & purchasing.