Options

Wednesday on Netflix Addams Family Spin off

I'm a huge Addams Family fan.  Rau Julia was a National Treasure.  Netflix has a new series devoted specifically to The youngest Addams, daughter Wednesday.

I'm excited about the cast sans the one that plays Adams...  Luis Guzman?

I'll give it a watch and hope that it doesn't ruin it for me.

Anyone else interested?  November 23rd is the stated release date.

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    I'm a huge Addams Family fan.  Rau Julia was a National Treasure.  Netflix has a new series devoted specifically to The youngest Addams, daughter Wednesday.

I'm excited about the cast sans the one that plays Adams...  Luis Guzman?

I'll give it a watch and hope that it doesn't ruin it for me.

Anyone else interested?  November 23rd is the stated release date.
    Gomez
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I LOVED LOVED LOVED this show.

I won't spoil it for anyone but if you want to discuss we can do that.

Get to watching!!!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    Would it be cool for a 9 year old? I assume so, by daughter saw it and seemed interested.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj said:
    Would it be cool for a 9 year old? I assume so, by daughter saw it and seemed interested.
    There's enough there to capture a young one's attention.
  • Options
    Y'all have had enough time for this now.  C'mon, who wants to chat?!?  The Dance scene?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Y'all have had enough time for this now.  C'mon, who wants to chat?!?  The Dance scene?
    Episode 2.  I'm digging it.  I am not thrilled by Gomez...Just seems like a bad fit. Other than that I think so far so good.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    Episode 2.  I'm digging it.  I am not thrilled by Gomez...Just seems like a bad fit. Other than that I think so far so good.
    Everyone I have talked to said the same thing.  That was my initial thought to seeing the cast.  Guzman?  Really?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Haven't watched it, but even the trailer made it look like Gomez was a poor choice for the role. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Haven't watched it, but even the trailer made it look like Gomez was a poor choice for the role. 
    It's not like he ruins the show or anything, I would just have had someone else play the part.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    Through ep. 6. Really enjoying it. The dance scene is fantastic. Guzman does fine as Gomez but he had huge shoes to fill. Julia was perfection. Hell, that whole cast was exquisite. That said, Ortega is really shining as Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Through ep. 6. Really enjoying it. The dance scene is fantastic. Guzman does fine as Gomez but he had huge shoes to fill. Julia was perfection. Hell, that whole cast was exquisite. That said, Ortega is really shining as Wednesday. 
    They made Pugsley a pansy was my other gripe.  Uncle Fester was a good fit.  Almost didn't recognize him.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    im 2 episodes in, enjoying it
  • Options
    Finished yesterday. An enjoyable show but I figured out the mystery by episode 6.  Still it was fun seeing a different portrayal of a classic character.  Looking forward to the next season of Wednesday-Doo.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    Finished yesterday. An enjoyable show but I figured out the mystery by episode 6.  Still it was fun seeing a different portrayal of a classic character.  Looking forward to the next season of Wednesday-Doo.
    I thought it was him too but it threw me for a loop.  Thought it was the Principal.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    static111 said:
    I thought it was him too but it threw me for a loop.  Thought it was the Principal.
    Yes after episode 3 or whenever we first saw her ability I thought that for a moment, but I kept asking what is the deal with this kids mother that the dad never wants to talk about her.  Still a very enjoyable show.  Oh and about the dance everyone was interested in, it was funny, my daughter cringed the whole time and was embarrassed saying things like "oh that is so weird is she done dancing yet?"
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire