Bruce and PJ

Seeing Bruce join the Killers last night and Bleachers a few weeks ago, anyone else think it’s odd he’s never shared the stage with PJ? 

Clearly he respects Ed and their music. And I know he was side stage in Philly a few years ago. Just bizarre to me that all the collaborations over the years (and all the shows they’ve played in the Philly/NYC/NJ area recently) that he hasn’t shared the stage with the band yet. 
"I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,101
    edited October 2022
    Eddie has shared the stage with him.

He was at one of the Philly shows in 2013 (as you mentioned). WOULD HAVE BEEN A PERFECT TIME TO BUST OUT ONE STEP UP

https://youtu.be/Ol1Q6aY9Xpw
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jdub5521Jdub5521 Posts: 147
    Bruce has recorded songs with both bleachers and the killers that appeared on their studio albums. Not the case w PJ so Not particularly surprising he’s joined them and not PJ. Bruce at his core is also a pop artist which aligns more with those artists than PJ IMO. 
  • Ed has played with him a few times has he not ? Highway to hell, Atlantic city, no surrender, betterman
  • ontheroadontheroad Posts: 256
    I know Ed’s played with him and the E Street band often. And it’s always a highlight.  Just find it curious that he hasn’t repaid the favor with PJ. 
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Yeah, it is a little surprising they haven’t made it work, but probably not really something that was brought up with Ed joining Bruce so many times over the years.  
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    Yeah, it is a little surprising they haven’t made it work, but probably not really something that was brought up with Ed joining Bruce so many times over the years.  
    Clarence on the Sax for Better Man when Ed was on stage with E Street Band was awesome 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Darkness on the edge of town is my favorite Bruce/Ed duet 
  • SR91748SR91748 Posts: 144
    Ed came out and sang Bobby Jean with Bruce in Seattle in 2016. Pretty awesome, as a big fan of both.
  • I was very surprised Bruce didn't show up at SHN last year
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    I was very surprised Bruce didn't show up at SHN last year
    Me too, but Patti had to cancel for SHN so lessened the chance of him being there.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811

Well, you can add Pete Townshend and Tom Petty. No respect I tell you.

On the other hand mucho respect from: Neil Young, Bono, The Edge, Chris Cornell, Ace Frehley, Perry Ferrel, Ben Harper, Sting and more I’m sure.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• CROJAM95 said:
    Is this available to listen somewhere? 
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    Ed has played with him a few times has he not ? Highway to hell, Atlantic city, no surrender, betterman
    The first guest appearance by Ed at a Springsteen show was in 2002 at the United Center. Ed also played with the E St Band at the Meadowlands on the Vote For Change Tour(that was the night the E Street Band played Betterman, which was colossal). 

After that, Ed played at both Wrigley Field shows in 2012, made multiple appearances in 2014 when they were in Australia at the same time, and most recently made an appearance in Seattle in 2016 on Bobby Jean. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    CROJAM95 said:
    Is this available to listen somewhere? 
    https://youtu.be/QtIGqixBO0Q