built some more byoc pedals

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://picasaweb.google.ca/exhausted1975/EffectPedalBuilding#5248490163414839970

scroll right through these. i made some nifty finishes for them.

optical compressor
fuzz face clone
tonebender clone
marshall shredmaster clone.

i think i'll keep the tonebender and the shredmaster. the other two will likely get 'bayed.

building kit pedals is a pretty big let down after building amps. i think i'll stick to from-scratch pedals on perfboard from now on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    do they offer a rangemaster or other germanium fuzz stuff?

Those look cool btw.

LOVE the knob choices and the paint.

Does the Shredmaster have a CMOS chip?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    they have a rangemaster as part of their "tri-boost" which is a germanium rangemaster, an EHX booster, and a FET boost in one pedal.

the fuzz is supposed to have AC127 (germanium) transistors but i couldn't get them to bias in the circuit (i need to change the trim pot) so i put the BC109s in.

the tonebender has these germanium OC75s.

their octave fuzz uses germanium diodes.

the shredder's chip is a TL074 which is just a massive multi-fet op-amp.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    they have a rangemaster as part of their "tri-boost" which is a germanium rangemaster, an EHX booster, and a FET boost in one pedal.

the fuzz is supposed to have AC127 (germanium) transistors but i couldn't get them to bias in the circuit (i need to change the trim pot) so i put the BC109s in.

the tonebender has these germanium OC75s.

their octave fuzz uses germanium diodes.

the shredder's chip is a TL074 which is just a massive multi-fet op-amp.

The success of the BC 108 JDF1 and the Octron in my Orange have me jonesing for a rangemaster type so I can do Brian May stuff. OC75's would be nice. That being said, it's past time for me to finish up the electronics in the strat first and ultimately I can do a lot with what I've got and I need some cables more and the wife wants me to us a house yada yada.

I've been looking at the Retroman Beano for the Rangemaster duties.

TL074... what else is that used in....?? Maybe some people were using it in thier Eternities?

In any case love the Nick Greer style paint jobs and those marshall knobs. I bet it's got some nice and thick distortion.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Very clean soldering in there, Greg. I might ask you for pointers when I get a BYOC kit eventually.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1