open source guitar pedal

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i seen that, im saving up for that.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Call me crazy but I think I'll stick to my current group of pedals...looks too much like a multi effects thing you can customize
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that is what it is....

but imagine being able to write the code for your own fuzz....

for me personally, that's extremely appealing.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Computer based (8-processors) . . . hmmm, for something that gets stomped
    on daily (a stompbox), it sure seems like it has an awful lot of things that can
    go wrong with it. I don't know if I'd trust anything that delicate for gigs or use
    on a tour (not unless I had a backup or two). Truthfully now , how delicately
    do any of us stomp on our pedals :D. I mean, I'm not terribly hard on any of
    my pedals or gear, but I think I might end up breaking a fragile pedal, or that
    it would end up crashing right in the middle of a gig or something. I think many
    many user reviews and TIME will tell us just how sturdy a pedal like this is.
    It might end up being a great little box or a real dog - only time will tell.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    given the degree of techgeekery present in the pedal, i highly doubt it's target audience is the gigging musician.

however, initial thoughts from jack orman (amz-fx) seem to indicate the design is solid.

i mean, it looks like a yamaha magicstomp, except you can access the code and do whatever you want to it.

but really, it's a home/recording/experimentation device....

honestly, it looks no more susceptible to damage than anything by line6 et al.