my RE-20 space echo came in!!

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
they finally caught up on space echo production and i got mine today. i ordered one ages ago from the local shop (same price US/CAN!!!).

wicked delay. has all the character the DD-20 doesn't including proper self-oscillation.

also bought a micro pog for all my octaving needs. my whammy and OC-2 shall now collect dust.

so, a volume pedal, the pog (doing an organ sim) and the space echo is a good couple hours of fun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Noice, those things look impressive. If I was into organised delay, as opposed to random analogue settings, I would be into one.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah, i think i'm going to proceed with this and the memory man for quite a while and give the DD-20 and DL4 a break.
  • exhausted wrote:
    they finally caught up on space echo production and i got mine today. i ordered one ages ago from the local shop (same price US/CAN!!!).

wicked delay. has all the character the DD-20 doesn't including proper self-oscillation.

also bought a micro pog for all my octaving needs. my whammy and OC-2 shall now collect dust.

so, a volume pedal, the pog (doing an organ sim) and the space echo is a good couple hours of fun.

do you mean the digitech whammy? if so, would you be willing to sell it?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, i think i'm going to proceed with this and the memory man for quite a while and give the DD-20 and DL4 a break.

Honestly, I hardly use effects much. I stomp on the delay occasionally, reverb less often, Rotosphere a bit more often. I use wah more than anything. MOstly I spend time practising songs I like, and trying to make things I can't play into things I can play.
    I'm so well endowed with amps and guitars that I focus on teh tones that come directly from them and my playing dynamics.
    I might start a thread.
    Music is not a competetion.
    Honestly, I hardly use effects much. I stomp on the delay occasionally, reverb less often, Rotosphere a bit more often. I use wah more than anything. MOstly I spend time practising songs I like, and trying to make things I can't play into things I can play.
    I'm so well endowed with amps and guitars that I focus on teh tones that come directly from them and my playing dynamics.
    I might start a thread.

yeah, you do that.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool so is it kind of like the Memory Man or another whole animal entirely?

I think the fiancee is getting me a gift card for christmas, so I might be holding a shiney new Octron for my octave stuff soon.

HOw do you set the POG up to sound like an organ?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhausted wrote:

I seriously want one of those. Delay is my crutch.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    cool so is it kind of like the Memory Man or another whole animal entirely?

I think the fiancee is getting me a gift card for christmas, so I might be holding a shiney new Octron for my octave stuff soon.

HOw do you set the POG up to sound like an organ?

totally different beast in that it's got the mulitap delays, the reverb etc. a much bigger time range. it's doesn't have the modulation save for a bit of chorusing you get from the replication of the tape warble. it's pretty subtle warbling. it's not like the extreme warble you can get with the DL4s tape echo settings.

the bummer is that you can't save settings but you can use an exp pedal and the tap tempo is direct access on the right pedal.

overall, it's not a subtle delay. it's definitely an effect that sits up front.

with the POG for an organ sound you turn up the dry output most of the way, the lower octave about 3/4s and the high octave from about 1/2 to 3/4s. then do volume swells. it's a total church organ.

i would imagine the octron sounds much more organic. the POG is pretty synthy but it's also polyphonic and tracks extremely well. compared to the OC-2, it does a much better bass-esque sound for looping etc. but the OC-2 does the whole neil young octave divider thing better.