i may have finally found a reverb pedal i can live with...

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b2/e9/6f1c_1_sbl.JPG

after trying like a zillion.

i had to take the fender reverb back today but still needed something for the EVJ and the forthcoming 5E3.

so i tried the TC. it's great to have access to a nice, basic spring sound and a huge, jeff buckey-type plate reverb at the same time. no hiss. no switch pop.

nice. will now try the nova delay as well as i took back the DL4 as well and am still not happy with the DD-20 either.

also bought a dano fabtone to reconnect with the first stomp i ever owned. it still sounds terrible. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Just curious, how DID the reverb tank sound?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    That looks like a very tidy unit, but have you ever tried the HUghes and Kettner Replex ??
    Expensive , of course, but groovy on the same way the Rotosphere is.

Who would have thought the reverb could be so complicated ??
    Music is not a competetion.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    That pedal seems like it's got everything covered. How much? I've got a EH Holy Grail, which has some cool sounds but is pretty limited. I need something like that!
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Just curious, how DID the reverb tank sound?

brilliant. but considering the $600 price tag not justifiable for me. especially considering it's in front of a really cheap amp. nothing beats the real thing but at least i have the same reverb in my fender amp.
    Beav wrote:
    That pedal seems like it's got everything covered. How much? I've got a EH Holy Grail, which has some cool sounds but is pretty limited. I need something like that!

$250US. also look at the line6 verbzilla. it's half the price. and has some brilliant sounds as well. i've had a couple in the past but they have a slight hiss (very slight) that, because i don't have an effects loop, my amps tended to accentuate too much.

i'm really OCD about quiet pedals but really, it's hardly noticeable. so look at it too. it's quieter that the grail i think.
  • Try a T. Rex room-mate. $365. yikes
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
    no spring sounds in the t-rex so it's out. also, no stereo inputs which i end up using a lot.
  • Still loving my Verbzilla...

The DigiTech DigiVerb was also nice (inappropriate for my routing, but good sound).

TC E makes some of the best studio and live fx units out there, it makes sense they'd make a good stompbox.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    i loved the verbzilla except for the hiss.

i actually think that the models sound better in the line 6 than the tc. the tc is very very cold sounding.

still mulling going back to the fender spring unit. probably will.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i loved the verbzilla except for the hiss.

i actually think that the models sound better in the line 6 than the tc. the tc is very very cold sounding.

still mulling going back to the fender spring unit. probably will.

I can understand not spending the money for the fender spring unit just for the valve junior, but with your 5E3 coming, it would be worth it then? Other than that all these pedals sound descent, it's still just not the same.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    I can understand not spending the money for the fender spring unit just for the valve junior, but with your 5E3 coming, it would be worth it then? Other than that all these pedals sound descent, it's still just not the same.

that's pretty much the argument i'm using on myself. the fender unit has a certain effect on the signal as well that sort of mellows things out ever so slightly.

of course i'm full of shit and should just play. :)

i wish that damn 5E3 would ship. i'll have to do some poking this week.
  • exhausted wrote:
    that's pretty much the argument i'm using on myself. the fender unit has a certain effect on the signal as well that sort of mellows things out ever so slightly.

of course i'm full of shit and should just play. :)

i wish that damn 5E3 would ship. i'll have to do some poking this week.

Sad thing is I've looked into building a reverb unit from scratch and you really aren't saving that much money.

Looking for a used spring reverb rack mount unit cheap, that I can just throw in the studio's rack and use that when I record with the valve junior. But I'd probably end up not liking that either.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

this would be the thing to build if going with a kit.

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_weber.htm#5H15
  • exhausted wrote:
    this would be the thing to build if going with a kit.

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_weber.htm#5H15

I agree be nice, specially with the vibrato too.

• TC definitely makes nice stuff. Wish I could afford it.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1