Options

GNR - USE YOUR ILLUSION Deluxe Release

2»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,168
    yah i'm holding out for a sale because I do want those live vinyl (live era vinyl is a holy grail of mine).   hopefully patience pays off.  Or maybe they'll piss people off and release the live shows seperately later on.

I suppose the tragically hip does that, but so far I haven't seen Metallica or Nirvana do that form the boxsets I bought over the last year.  I solely bought the Metallica boxset for the live in Moscow show, but that boxset was about half the price of this gnr set.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Very cool! I will be picking up the standard versions of both I and II
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 598
    Picked up the 4LP colour set. Already sold out on the UK site.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,160
    matt84 said:
    Picked up the 4LP colour set. Already sold out on the UK site.
    Me too

cant wait.. got the UYI 2 blue shirt to hold me over 🤗
  • Options
    Anyone watched the bluray?

Streaming the live stuff now. Las Vegas 1992 sure sounds good. The voice is rougher on the The Ritz 1991 show. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    Haven’t watched any live stuff yet. 

Anyone else get the delay in production email? Looks like I’ll be getting it by 11/ 25/ 22. 

• Options
    The Ritz show. This must be glorious in full Bluray quality:

https://youtu.be/f8qNJvlkA1I
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    That's amazing. I often wonder how many other shows that are out there from band's hey dey's filmed on film and would be stunning to watch in modern times.
  • Options
    nycmalenycmale Posts: 201
    The sound of vinyl has the 12 LP super deluxe box set for 30% off with code Holiday thru 11/23. Comes out to $350 plus tax with free shipping. Don’t know how much cheaper it will be than this anytime soon.  Here is the link

https://thesoundofvinyl.us/products/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-i-ii-super-deluxe-box-set
  • Options
    Nice. I'm kind of holding out for Black Friday in case a Canadian store has a sale.   Udiscovermusic seems like it could be a good place to pick one up, but the US website has way better/more frequent sales than the Canadian site :(
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited November 2022
    Comparing to today, Axl sounded nice for the most part even in 2012 (I know that 2010 is seen as the latest "highlight" vocal wise) and didn't know that Izzy showed up at some shows, like on the officially released London concert:

https://youtu.be/Hm2R8TQZmQQ

(Also, Chinese Demcoracy has some really cool songs)
  • Options
    Yah I saw Guns n' Replacements twice.  I think once around 06 (or maybe it was 08)  and once around 2010.   They were both really good, especially the first one.   I didn't think he sounded quite as good at the reunion show I saw in Seattle in 2016.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited November 2022
    Couldn’t help
    myself and blew the cash on the super lp set.  Just want that blu ray.  Most expensive blu ray in the nicest box I’ll own.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    haha, I'm so going to do that, but I'm going to wait for a sale.   I want the live LP's too (as I kick myself for not owning the live era vinyl), but I really want that blury.  I saw some footage from it.  It looks amazing.  Always keeps me wondering how many other bands managed to pull off filming concerts on film (opposed to videotape) during their hey dey's.  It looks really good.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Zod said:
    haha, I'm so going to do that, but I'm going to wait for a sale.   I want the live LP's too (as I kick myself for not owning the live era vinyl), but I really want that blury.  I saw some footage from it.  It looks amazing.  Always keeps me wondering how many other bands managed to pull off filming concerts on film (opposed to videotape) during their hey dey's.  It looks really good.
    Yeah I went with the 30% off code someone nicely posted above.  Not a great deal, but still way better than full price. I already got shipping notice, I’ll update when I get it in hand.  Knowing how anal axl is I’m betting it’s going to be a really nice set, those live discs will be really cool.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I'm a sucker.  Udiscovermusic Canada has a sale on boxsets.   The Canadian price for UYI is 599.99 cdn, but it's on black friday for 419.99 cdn.   Expensive, but I'd easily pay that for a copy of Live Era, so I may as well pick it up.  Also bought the tragically hips fully completely boxset for the live album and bluray too.. lol (119.99).
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,888
    Deluxe colored was delivered today. FEDEX placed it right in front of a heater vent, once I got the notification it was delivered it was too late. The heat warped my UYI2 and the outer slip sleeve. I filed a claim with FEDEX but was told I have to go through GNR to settle the issue. Pretty frustrating, I've been looking forward to this and the money spent. You would think a delivery driver would know not to place deliveries in front of a heater vent. Waiting for GNR store to reply back.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    That sucks.  I've never actually heard of heater vents in front of someones front door?  I guess delivery drivers should know this is a thing?
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    Attaway77 said:
    Deluxe colored was delivered today. FEDEX placed it right in front of a heater vent, once I got the notification it was delivered it was too late. The heat warped my UYI2 and the outer slip sleeve. I filed a claim with FEDEX but was told I have to go through GNR to settle the issue. Pretty frustrating, I've been looking forward to this and the money spent. You would think a delivery driver would know not to place deliveries in front of a heater vent. Waiting for GNR store to reply back.
    That sucks. They're sold out of the color vinyl so I hate to say it but you're probably screwed. Hope I am wrong though.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,160
    Got my colored 4lp set today

will spin this weekend 
  • Options
    it's a shame the super boxset doesn't come with colour vinyl.   I always find it a bit weird when a band puts out a big boxset, but the most expensive version doesn't get a colour vinyl option :(
  • Options
    Zod said:
    it's a shame the super boxset doesn't come with colour vinyl.   I always find it a bit weird when a band puts out a big boxset, but the most expensive version doesn't get a colour vinyl option :(
    The most expensive version doesnt even get all the songs
  • Options
    Zod said:

wait, what's missing?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

wait, what's missing?
    The Cd-edition has a few bonus live songs not found in the big box
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

wait, what's missing?

Are they one off live songs, or are the two live shows incomplete in the vinyl set?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited December 2022
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

wait, what's missing?

Are they one off live songs, or are the two live shows incomplete in the vinyl set?
    One off live songs from other shows than Las Vegas/The Ritz (Paris, Tokyo etc). Some cover with Lenny Kravitzs as an example.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

wait, what's missing?

One off live songs from other shows than Las Vegas/The Ritz (Paris, Tokyo etc). Some cover with Lenny Kravitzs as an example.

That's lame, but I can deal with that.  I pretty much bought it for the 2 live shows on vinyl and the bluray.