Options

my pharaoh is on it's way

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
the last component in my big equipment overhaul. this will be it for me.

i've decided to go with the POD approach from here on in. i know that's how i'm going to play live so no point in pursuing the sounds in the deluxe right now. it will go back to collecting dust.

somewhere along the line, i'll find a cheap, used PODV2 to serve as a back-up to the one i have now. i'm getting paranoid that it's going to die, even though i'm sure it won't as it's worked flawlessly for years.

if i build this rack thing, it'll have a much cushier life on a little keyboard tray to call it's own.

who am i talking to? :( :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sounds good. the Pod Pro will be better in your rack but they have a bunch of pod 2.0's at the Guitar Center here in Atlanta for $199.99. You could go with a floor board it's pretty helpful.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i tried the floorboard when i bought the POD and hated it. i just have the 4-channel switcher.

the going rate for a used POD on ebay is $200 right now. i'm going to wait until one appears for sale in canada so i can avoid duties and high shipping etc.

a POD pro would be great but it's still more than i can justify. i can buy a back up pod and build the rack for less than the pod pro alone.
  • Options
    I also bet the pharaoh will sound good overdriving the pod. Many say tube preamp sounds a lot like a 65 twin.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    the POD responds really well to the increase in input signal.

i'm going to see if my dealer here can pull an old POD out of rental or something too. he's done that for me before and it saved me tons of cash.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the POD responds really well to the increase in input signal.

i'm going to see if my dealer here can pull an old POD out of rental or something too. he's done that for me before and it saved me tons of cash.

B stock pods can go cheap. when the DL-4's came out B stock was like 170.