Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'm dreaming my dreams again.

mesa 20/20?

sure. what do you want it for?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    like i said, just dreaming. of a rack based system with a POD at the front.
  • Options
    like i said, just dreaming. of a rack based system with a POD at the front.

Ah. well. I remember putting a few of those toegther at Guitar Center. any poweramp will do. you could even go with some powered monitors, the pod sounds amazing as it's own preamp
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    bah. both the marshall 20/20 and the mesa 20/20 are heinously expensive. i'll just go direct.

if it's good enough for weezer, it's good enough for me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Ah. well. I remember putting a few of those toegther at Guitar Center. any poweramp will do. you could even go with some powered monitors, the pod sounds amazing as it's own preamp

you're right. from reading on the line6 forums, most feel that's the best way to go. use the cabinet modelling etc. in the pod and get the most neural, cleanest power amplification possible.
  • Options
    bah. both the marshall 20/20 and the mesa 20/20 are heinously expensive. i'll just go direct.

if it's good enough for weezer, it's good enough for me.

just get some powered monitors.
  • Options
    music123 sent a catalogue with my power conditioner so now i can just stare and stare all day.
  • Options
    music123 sent a catalogue with my power conditioner so now i can just stare and stare all day.

I've got 3 or 4 right by my toilet. Including Summit Racing. I drive a 93 honda accord what could I possibly buy from Summit?

Oh well one day I will have a new supercharged nissan frontier.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I've got 3 or 4 right by my toilet. Including Summit Racing. I drive a 93 honda accord what could I possibly buy from Summit?

Oh well one day I will have a new supercharged nissan frontier.

a fart pipe, purple window tint and mirror graphics if the accords around here are any indication.
  • Options
    a fart pipe, purple window tint and mirror graphics if the accords around here are any indication.

Mexicans live in canada too?
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Just a quick note... Weezer has gone back to amps with their Pods, Marshall half-stacks. There might be a reason for that.

I admire someone who can walk on stage with just a Pod and feel okay... I need a tube amp up there. I'd feel naked without one.

The Mesa and Marshall power amps are both great, but like you said, pricey. You could just get a small stereo PA amp, like a Mackie, and run it into a stereo guitar cab. Get a good cab, and you can just replace the amp when the $$$ starts rolling in.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    yeah, weezer just did that on a euro tour to cut costs. i think it worked well for them though.

i'm only ever going to play tiny shows by myself for the foreseeable forever. an actual amp will always be too loud if there is even room for it at all. i love the idea of carrying just a rack case and a pedalboard.

it doesn't work for everyone but it'll work for me.

i love tubes too but i have to be realistic too.
  • Options
    Still, the Mackie amp through a 2 x 10" or 2 x 12" stereo cabinet would give you a good stage volume... of course, if we're talking solo coffee-house shows, the Pod would be more realistic, but if you get a group together, you'll need an amp.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Still, the Mackie amp through a 2 x 10" or 2 x 12" stereo cabinet would give you a good stage volume... of course, if we're talking solo coffee-house shows, the Pod would be more realistic, but if you get a group together, you'll need an amp.

if i had a group, i'd go back to my deluxe in an instant.
  • Options
    I dunno... with the Pod, the Mackie amp/Stereo cab would probably take better advantage of the Pod's tones than your Deluxe, and would cut down on the static noise.
  • Options
    i wouldn't put the POD in front of the deluxe in that case most likely. or if i did, it wouldn't be in the main channel.