Options

i have a date tonight with the keeley sisters

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
my compressor and phat mod blues driver arrived.

so no sleep for me tonight.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/keeley.JPG

also arrived are my 3PDT switches and my DC jacks to finish the last two switch pedal prototypes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yow. Let me know what it sounds like. You will be in Harmonic Heaven. F the neighbors. Crank the Deluxe to half way and let it rock.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    kizzickass......

keeley has an apprentice. i assume apprentice. jared adam. his signature is in my BD-2 (with robert's).

robert's is the only one in the comp though. mine is #1530.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    kizzickass......

keeley has an apprentice. i assume apprentice. jared adam. his signature is in my BD-2 (with robert's).

robert's is the only one in the comp though. mine is #1530.

Yeah, what a great job

so how do you like em?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Greetings from Nepal!

What in the hell are you guys doing on that side of the world! I can hear your amp from here!

Is Bush still president? Did we blow up any other countries yet? , this one's still intact!

Is the gcp company on the stock market yet?

It's awesome here! I think the mountains got bigger than the last time I was here!

Rob
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Originally posted by rob
    Greetings from Nepal!

What in the hell are you guys doing on that side of the world! I can hear your amp from here!

Is Bush still president? Did we blow up any other countries yet? , this one's still intact!

Is the gcp company on the stock market yet?

It's awesome here! I think the mountains got bigger than the last time I was here!

Rob

I got GCP #2 at my house Rob. How are the MTNs. Bush is still the president. Not a whole lot has changed.
    But cheers mate.
  • Options
    Mountains are awesome here, longest whitewater rafting rivers in the world, Got a couple of old friends and my goofy niece, found a computer with regular letters on the keyboard, It's like 6:30 in the morning, got my coffee.
    It's all good. I'm headed into the valleys, back to a really beautiful spot I rented. Literally in the middle of nowhere!, not a light or sign of humans in sight, ( except for us, and warm beer. )
    Warm , bad beer,,,,, but it's beer!
    Cheers to ya!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Originally posted by rob
    Mountains are awesome here, longest whitewater rafting rivers in the world, Got a couple of old friends and my goofy niece, found a computer with regular letters on the keyboard, It's like 6:30 in the morning, got my coffee.
    It's all good. I'm headed into the valleys, back to a really beautiful spot I rented. Literally in the middle of nowhere!, not a light or sign of humans in sight, ( except for us, and warm beer. )
    Warm , bad beer,,,,, but it's beer!
    Cheers to ya!

what!!! no Guiness? No red wine?
  • Options
    Red wine yes, sometimes, otherwise,,,, "Brghrfrtootoo"! THE King Of Beers. Nepals best brew!
    They have homemade liqour all over here. Don't ask, just drink!

I'm also learning how to play the coolest instrument, one is a brghfrtootoo! ( I am not learning Nepalese well! ) The shell of a mountain animal is the body, then it's like a mandolin. Much like a charango from South America, if you've ever seen them!. They play nose flutes here too, but I never accept a nose flute from a stranger!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    rob!!!! dude!!!!!

i think i just had 3 simultaneous orgasms.

holy fucking sustain, batman.

the BD-2 is god's gift to the world. period. it does everything from mild overdrive to muff-worthy fuzz. i love it. this is what i've been looking for.

the comp is going to take some time for me to learn effectively but from initial tests with some picking and some soloing with the bd-2, it's a beautiful thing.

the BD-2 is noisy but it's high gain so what can you do. i decided rather quickly that unlike keeley, i prefer the comp before the distortion. if it's after, it was too squishy for me. i want it before the distortion so it pushes it harder. much more open and not squished at all that way.

keeley is so getting my SD-1 or sparkle to mod soon.
  • Options
    rob!!!! dude!!!!!

i think i just had 3 simultaneous orgasms.

holy fucking sustain, batman.

the BD-2 is god's gift to the world. period. it does everything from mild overdrive to muff-worthy fuzz. i love it. this is what i've been looking for.

the comp is going to take some time for me to learn effectively but from initial tests with some picking and some soloing with the bd-2, it's a beautiful thing.

the BD-2 is noisy but it's high gain so what can you do. i decided rather quickly that unlike keeley, i prefer the comp before the distortion. if it's after, it was too squishy for me. i want it before the distortion so it pushes it harder. much more open and not squished at all that way.

keeley is so getting my SD-1 or sparkle to mod soon.

he he. told you. I like squishy and gainy.
  • Options
    Man, I haven't played an electic instrument for weeks! The only delay I get here, is waiting for a vehicle or animal to take us where we're going! Echo, though, friggin awesome. Sometimes you can hear monks chanting in the mountains , very very very cool.
    Squishy is the sound of the donkey's feet in the mud. ( very common transportation here!)
    Well, I'm off. Back on the road again!
    See ya
    Rob
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I almost wonder if Rob didn't take a page from Kerouak's "Dharma Bums"... to just go someplace secluded, drink some wine, and enjoy being with yourself. I can't even imagine the sights, and I live in Montana's Rocky Mountains.

I'm definitely not surprised at the sustain, exhausted... and I imagine you can get some incredibly nice, controlled, musical feedback out of that pair, too. I was wondering what the little add-on switch does? Anyways, have fun and don't blow any windows or light bulbs.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I almost wonder if Rob didn't take a page from Kerouak's "Dharma Bums"... to just go someplace secluded, drink some wine, and enjoy being with yourself. I can't even imagine the sights, and I live in Montana's Rocky Mountains.

I'm definitely not surprised at the sustain, exhausted... and I imagine you can get some incredibly nice, controlled, musical feedback out of that pair, too. I was wondering what the little add-on switch does? Anyways, have fun and don't blow any windows or light bulbs.

McCready- Bass Boost. not really a loudness like most bass boosts are but a bass presence boost it just enhances the lows rather than compresses or makes them boomy. You feel it more than anything
  • Options
    So, he might blow a window or lightbulb...
  • Options
    So, he might blow a window or lightbulb...

yeah he already had 3 orgasms. My dyna comp is toast. I'm ordering a Keeley.
  • Options
    My Dyna Comp is a tank, but I use it for bass, so moot point. Their comp's sound like amazing little boxes, but I still don't like compression on MY guitar. For bass, I'd rather have a tube comp or an old dbx 160:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=dbx+160
    Or:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2566866344&category=23793
  • Options
    I kind of dig that squished chicken pickin sound sometimes and I also love the way I can play harder but not necessarily louder with a comp kind of Trey Anastasio esque. I like to play hard.
  • Options
    dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    oh man you guys are makin me jealous!

and hi rob!
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • Options

it's an extremely subtle bass boost.
  • Options
    how about the volume ex. Really loud? Lots of available clean boost?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    how about the volume ex. Really loud? Lots of available clean boost?

really really loud. tons of gain. maybe twice that of my stock SD-1. and yeah, you can crank the level and just add a bit of hair to the edges with it. so nice.
  • Options
    transparent too right no mid hump like with a TS?
  • Options
    yeah, no loss of lows and the highs are up to you and the tone knob.

it honestly doesn't sound as good in front of my deluxe as it does in my POD but i'm still playing with the settings.

i may need to use the sparkle drive when i'm using the deluxe still.
  • Options
    yeah, no loss of lows and the highs are up to you and the tone knob.

it honestly doesn't sound as good in front of my deluxe as it does in my POD but i'm still playing with the settings.

i may need to use the sparkle drive when i'm using the deluxe still.

Too much gain? how about the compressor. You like the way it sounds with you're single coils? I never want to turn mine off when it works anyway.
  • Options
    the comp i love. it will be on for any picking i do. it makes the sound so much livelier.

i think i did have too much gain on the BD. came out fizzy in the deluxe. i'm working on it though.

i run the tone on all my overdrives around 9 o'clock and just adjst everything else from there. i like the brown sound.
  • Options
    the comp i love. it will be on for any picking i do. it makes the sound so much livelier.

i think i did have too much gain on the BD. came out fizzy in the deluxe. i'm working on it though.

i run the tone on all my overdrives around 9 o'clock and just adjst everything else from there. i like the brown sound.

same problem with my rat2. I need more headroom on my amp and I need it to get cleaner. however the Direct Drive does that nicely.
  • Options
    when i get the pharoah, that'll take care of the drive in my deluxe. but honestly, i'm planning on gigging with the POD at all times anyway.
  • Options
    when i get the pharoah, that'll take care of the drive in my deluxe. but honestly, i'm planning on gigging with the POD at all times anyway.

no loop in the deluxe right? do you run the pod strait in and if you do you just run effects before and set the pod on top?

Pod sounded outstanding in headphones when I owned one but didn't do well in front of my fender. I'm wondering about what it would do with the orange.
  • Options
    no loop in the deluxe.

i used the tube preamp model and put it in front of the dry channel.

thing i found was that it introduced a small hiss into the amp ragardless of which channel was active. which wouldn't matter for live but is unusable for studio. probably has to do with the high gain of the POD. if i could bypass the preamp on the deluxe for that channel it would be perfect probably.

i love my POD direct into my recorder and when i used it direct into a PA, it was fine. i'm going that route from now on if it's just me playing solo shows.

i actual want to find a second one for back-up.
  • Options
    perhaps I should get a pod to record now that I've got a recorder. I'd love to have a rack get a pod pro, a mod pro, and alesis reverb delay maybe a joe meek or dbx compressor along with a sonic maximiser. Yeah. That'd be cool to record with.

And for Acoustic, a Martin HD-28 an Avalon tube preamp and a Bayer or Royer ribbon mic. perhaps a neuman......

I'll put the whole set up in the garage next to my Ferrari and Ducati.