Options

would anyone be interested in attempting..

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
to track a complete song by collaborating over the web? we've got all instruments covered and i'm sure we've got enough recording gear to do it.

basically, someone records maybe a basic guitar track, sends it to someone else to record drums, then on to someone for bass, etc. etc. until we have a full recording.

the sound quality would probably really deteriorate after being encoded so much but it could be fun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    drums it is.

if we end up with multiples of certain instruments, i think we could organize into groups and do one song each or something.
  • Options
    thast a really cool idea, go for N-track. the free version has everything you'd need. unless you know of somthing better
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • Options
    dudnadudna Posts: 14
    If you need a lead guitar I am in. I think that you guys will think that I sound somewhat like Mike McCready. More info would be nice.
  • Options
    i had a brain storm to do an acoustic version of satan's bed for fun b/c i can play the basic riff chords etc.
  • Options
    ill can record a guitar part if you want.. i can play pretty much anything, if i dont know a song i can figure it out, my favorite ones to play are evolution, brain of j, and smile. i think evolution would be really fun to do.we play it a lot in my band, and its a lot of fun
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    I would like to join, but I dont have any recording material or software. and I play rythm so you'll prbably find others who are more capable to record :(
  • Options
    Definitely. If I learn how to record myself onto a track on a computer I'll be happy to play any guitar part.
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • Options
    if you guys cut a Cover song, it will be a nice addition to the Given To Wail fan cover section on the site :)

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    can someone send me a link to get free recording software. im not much on the computer. i play rhythm and lead. it would be cool to cover as many PJ songs as we can. if someone can send my the free recorder link than you can count me in!!!!
  • Options
    I'd happily add Bass tracks to anything people wanted.
  • Options
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • Options
    ok, i d/l'd it. now how do i hock my guitar up to my computer?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bad Radio
    ok, i d/l'd it. now how do i hock my guitar up to my computer?

put your mic in front of your amp
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    This sounds good but....my only problem is I like grooving off of the other people. So say I sent in a guitar track then I heard someone else's guitar, bass or drum track and that makes me think of a different variation...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    I can sing... *shrugs*